Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 3 screen black, unresponsive

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello...

My charge 3 fitbit fitbit screen went totally black

It doesn't response to tapping. 

I charged it today to 100%.

3 hours ago it was working fine, i saw the steps the clock everything.

But upon checking now, it shows nothing and it doesn't sync with my phone.

The green light in the back is working and the side touch button is vibrating on touch as usual.

I didn't do any activities like running or anything. I was just sitting in the library when i noticed it. 

Please, help.

TIA

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72

Mine is completely dark. Tried several times to hard reset. Spoke with customer service and they basically said “too bad, so sad” and offered a 35% off replacement discount. I’ve only had it a little over a year! I never damaged it in any way? So disappointed ☹️ 

Best Answer

I had mine just 1 year and one month. They offer no help whatsoever 

Best Answer

Same. It buzzes like it's showing the code, but black. 🙄

Best Answer

how did you manage to connect your device

Best Answer

When the screen can’t be seen go to a dark space (under the duvet) and you can see it enough to get your 4-digit code or turn your brightness to normal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did not work for me. What to do next please?

Did you ever get a reply?  I’m having the same issue now but I don’t have a green light either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Offered a discount from Fitbit on a new watch, wasn’t much but can’t remember how much. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. It needed to be replaced. If you contact Fitbit they will check everything for you and replace.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How old was your damaged unit before you were offered a replacement? Was it outside of its warranty? I’ve been offered 35% off a new device but I don’t find that an acceptable resolution. How can I buy another unit when I’ve lost faith in the product?

Best Answer
I was like you - the first time it happened I was in warranty time so they replaced however the second time I wasn’t and too was offered the discount (at a time when there was a sale too so really didn’t get a discount). I tried to argue that the replacement would have been in warranty not the original item but they didn’t have any of it. I however caved and went for a different watch as I can’t be without it now. I have a versa and love it - it’s not much different to my son’s Apple Watch (not as good but in comparison with price worth it). Sorry I’m not much help - I do agree with you and out of principal I should have gone with the Apple.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this problem and tried everything and here is what ultimately worked.  I charged it and did the long reset - got the regular smiley face but the display quickly went black.  I turned off all the lights in the room so it was completely dark and I could see a very dim display.  I swiped left several times to settings and changed the brightness and it is now fine.  Just sharing in case it helps someone…

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wanted to say that it worked. My screen was black and not responsive. Holding the button for 15 seconds worked to reset it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes