Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 3 screen graying out.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. When I plugged in my charge 3 to charge this morning the screen "grayed out" and is permanently full of gray lines. Have carried out full and partial re sets but its still all greyed out. Any suggestions??

Best Answer
0 Votes
39 REPLIES 39

Hi FrogQueen, log on to live chat and get through to an agent. I went through all of the trouble shooting with them and they could not fix the screen so a new one is on the way.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not seeing where to go

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried everything but it's not working 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I understand your frustration. I felt same way. They replaced mine. I am
not going to install firmware any more...just in case that's what
caused the problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mprobst43 wrote:
I am so sorry you're having the same issue. Yes the company did replace
mine completely. However I don't know what causes it to occur in the first
place. So I don't know how long this one will last? Just taking it day by
day. Contact Fitbit customer service. I am not sure about their warranty
policy or anything but mine was covered under the warranty because I had
only had it since January 2019. Good luck

I've tried everything but it's not working 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact customer service like I did. I hope that they take care of it. I am
not in talking updates for firmware just in case that's what caused
the issue.

https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

Good luck.
Best Answer

Hi, bought my Charge 3 in December.   The screen went grey today

Tried all of the options mentioned and doesn't work.   Am travelling and wont be back till April/May, possibly later.   Dunno if my guarantee covers that far!  Pls help via email.

Best Answer

Why does so many of the charge 3 fitbits mess up with the gray lines? My 4th one is on it's way and I worry that it will do the same thing in time.  

Best Answer

I was having the same issue - was completely fine earlier today and then I got lines and a blurred screen.  Have tried a short and long restart and now my screen is completely blank but still seems to be tracking as I can see it on my app that the steps are still going up.  I had a charge 2 before this and had the same issue with the lines across the screen.  Has there been an update or something that is causing them to do this or will I need to get yet another fitbit - this one was doing so well, I'm gutted 😞

Best Answer

It will.

Best Answer
I changed to the versa 2 after 5 screens gave up on me. It seemed like a good deal, 50% off, but it's not such a great deal when you realise it's 50% off the price Fitbit are selling them from, not the much lower prices being touted by other retailers.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
I am on my 4th one. It is on is way in the mail. All 3 previous ones did
the same thing. Gray lines then slows down. It's so frustrating! They know
something's wrong with them yet they keep sending them out and selling
them.
Best Answer
I think it needs to get out to more people. News. Facebook. Anyway it can
get out that fitbit is ripping people off !!
Best Answer

I just unplugged my fitbit from charging and all the white pixels have caused my screen to look grey with lines... I also have one nice horizontal line of what looks like completely dead pixels. Not impressed I have to say. If its not the screen going completely blank and not being able to use it, it's freezing, not rebooting or resetting and now this. It was completely fine 15minutes ago. And now it's knackered!! I've emailed customer services but I don't think I'll be buying a new one. It's just been a let down too many times. 

Best Answer
I dont blame you. I will never own another one after this free one comes I
will be switching brands.
Best Answer

13 months ago I bought the charge 3.  8 months later it failed so customer service sent me another.  Two weeks ago it turned gray and began to fail.  I again called customer service but was told I was now out of warranty and would have to purchase a new one.    I would be crazy to buy another from Fitbit as my original failed , their replacement failed .. and a new one will.  I’ve had 7 Fitbits, I have over 17,000,000 steps so was a dedicated user.

Best Answer

Yes, also happened to me "do not disturb permanently on and greyed out so cannot change". 15 sec reset doesn't work.

Contacted customer services who said cannot help because has happened to two charge 3s in a row.

Clear software failure. Leaving Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. @pauly217 It's nice to see you around. 

I'm sorry for the experience and thank you for the detailed information and for taking the time to provide your feedback. At this time, I was able to confirm that you reached out to our Support Team and they provided information and assistance. If you still have additional questions or comments, please reply back to your case and they will be more than glad to continue assisting you. 

On a side note, this thread is now closed and if you have any other questions or inquiries, please post them in a new thread. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes