Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 3 showing message "Download or Update the Fitbit app to setup".

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

A friend gave me his old Fitbit Charge 3 device, he cleared the data before that. Currently, the device is showing ""Download or Update the Fitbit app to setup"  message. I tried downloading the Fitbit App but my iphone does not find or pair the device. I tried restarting the device, my phone, disabling/enabling Bluetooth but none of that has worked.

Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@rancid84 , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your message and information. 

The message:"Download or Update the Fitbit app to setup " means that the Charge 3 needs to be paired to a Fitbit account. 

I assume that you already tried what's described here:  How do I set up my Fitbit device?
Have you read the tips here?Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@rancid84 , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your message and information. 

The message:"Download or Update the Fitbit app to setup " means that the Charge 3 needs to be paired to a Fitbit account. 

I assume that you already tried what's described here:  How do I set up my Fitbit device?
Have you read the tips here?Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @JuanFitbit 

Is fixed now and it was my mistake. The person who gave me this device told me it was a Charger 3. But it ended to be a Charger 4.

Best Answer

@rancid84 , Thank you for your update. I'm glad that only the model was needed.
Wish you a lot of fun with the Charge 4. 

Please visit our discussion forums. There you will find several users who are interested in fitness, healthy eating or better sleep and share lots of tips. They will be happy to meet you there.

Best Answer
0 Votes