Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 3 stuck on Screen Wake/Notifications and won't restart

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last night I selected the exercise option on my Fitbit 3, now it just goes between the exercise timer, and the Screen Wake/Notifications screens! I can't restart it, I can't go back to any other screens. This is driving me crazy!

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

I should update my contributions to this thread. I'm on my third Charge 3 (kindly provided by FITBIT) and it works perfectly.

The first and second both work better after install an update around Dec 30 although the first one still hangs a lot. The second one jumps back to the clock face if you hit the button twice quickly. It does not step back through the faces if you sequentially hit the button.

On the performance (of the third one), it is good. Steps/mileage is accurate. Heartrate is also pretty accurate. I like this device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just unboxed my new charge 3 and it's frozen 3 times. Anytime in go to an app it sticks and I can't get back to the clock screen.  What do I do if I'm not near a charger?  How do I restart? Did I get a lemon? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Change the Clock face using the app on your phone!  Worked for me when stuck on an app notification and only other menu I could see was menu to turn on or off  wake screen and notifications

Thank you jmo25 for having the easiest way to unfreeze stuck Fitbit. Way better than support's/admin highly inconvenient solution. 

Best Answer

@Mbrock1580 @MJB25 @NatsuNyan Thanks for visiting the Fitbit Community.

@Mbrock1580 If you are still experiencing difficulties after changing the clock face please perform a long restart by following the steps provided on this post.

If you have any question please let me know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much @NatsuNyan. This is the only thing that worked. I tried all the other solutions and it just stayed stuck. I don't carry my charger, so the other options are very impracticable

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nicolemnickel Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

Thanks for letting us know that you have been able to resolve the issue with the screen of your Fitbit Charge 3.

On another note, you are welcome to participate in the Discussions board where you will find interesting topics.

Feel free to visit the Community at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit charge 3 is frozen on the notifications area and I tried what you said but it just did the same thing. It says clear but when I click on it, it does nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jazmin-Delgado Thanks for the update.

To further investigate your case the Support Team will be in touch with you soon. Please check your inbox on the next days. They will let you know how to proceed.

Keep on stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, I followed your directions to plug my device into charger, press for 15 seconds on side button, remove device from charger then put back in charger.  I do not get a smiley face icon.  The screen is black.

I then went to the app to change the clock.face, to unfreeze my screen.  It kept stating it failed to change clock face.  So....any other ideas???

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit is froze and holding the button did nothing and I don't know how to restart it help me fix my fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Figgen @Amaris Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Charge 3 is not working. Thank you for the time you spent trying to get it resolved before contacting us. I created a case with Customer Support for each one of you to find a solution. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

If you have any question, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Changing the clock face from the Fitbit app was the only thing that worked for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I plugged mine into the charger and held the button for 15 seconds and the smiley face appeared.  All good!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this. It didn’t help. It’s still hung up on the screen wake notifications screen and it continues to vibrate so much that I can’t wear it. 

Best Answer

@Raynor @Schreckie @anitacz Welcome to the Fitbit Community. I apologize for the delayed response.

@Raynor @Schreckie I'm glad to hear that you have resolved the issue you experienced with your Fitbit Charge 3. Thanks for letting me know.

@anitacz I noticed that you contacted Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to find a way to resolve. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Feel free to contact us at any time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa is doing the same i have factoru reset and still the same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am another one who has the same problem and tried all options and it is still the same.

Best Answer
Customer service contacted me and I had to return the Fitbit Charge. They
sent me a new one, as it was within.the warranty period. The new one has
been working fine.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome and thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community @Libbysudd @nsquare @Figgen.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Charge 3. Thank you for the troubleshooting steps you've performed. 

@Libbysudd, it seems that you've been in touch with Customer Support. They will let you know how to proceed as soon as possible.

@nsquare, I sent your information our team to provide assistance. Please check your inbox on the next days.

@Figgen, thanks for letting us know that you received a replacement and it is working fine. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes