Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 3 stuck on Screen Wake/Notifications and won't restart

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last night I selected the exercise option on my Fitbit 3, now it just goes between the exercise timer, and the Screen Wake/Notifications screens! I can't restart it, I can't go back to any other screens. This is driving me crazy!

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

I also have had the screen wake / notification issue that locked my Fitbit Charge 3. I’ve followed both lots of instructions and all they has happened is my device has now unpaired from my phone, it will not turn off or reboot and I have a blank screen. 

There is definitely activity within the device as there is a vibration when the button is pressed. 

Please advise ASAP 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve tried to add as new device. My phone can find the device but cannot pair as it cannot display the Bluetooth pairing code on the screen because it’s blank.

I now cannot even sync the tracker which makes it worthless to me.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I never could get it to work properly after the notifications started showing up, so Fitbit ended up replacing my my Charge 3.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community and for the time you spent trying to resolve the issue with your Fitbit Charge 3.

I created a case with Customer Support to provide further assistance. Please check your inbox on the next days.

@anitacz I'm glad to hear that your device was replaced. Thank you for letting us know.

@Babugm Please let me know if you have any question.

Feel free to contact us at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having similar issues with Charge 3. Stuck on the notifications screen while vibrating. I did a long re set and then it wouldn’t sync. I called customer service yesterday and started a case....the rep just said I should wait for Fitbit to update for the sync. Now it is not charging and is stuck on the notifications screen and flashing again.

i had the charge 2 for 2 years and wore it daily .....and did not have these issues! This seems to be a buggy Fitbit. 

Guess I will have to. All customer service again today, unless you can send me a replacement?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, my fit bit also doesn’t show the notifications after I’ve updated the software of my iphone:( I’ve restarted my phone and fit bit, turned off and on Bluetooth, turned off and on notifications in the app. What else I can do?? It’s so annoying:/

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Debbiekap @aggieo Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

@Debbiekap I regret to hear that your Fitbit Charge 3 is not charging nor working properly. Thank you for the information provided and for the time you spent while trying to resolve the issue.

In order to evaluate your replacement options, it is necessary contacting Customer Support. I forwarded this information to them. They will be in touch with you on the next days. Thank you for your patience.

@aggieo I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Charge 3 doesn't show notifications after you updated the software of your iPhone. This is a different topic that is being handled on another thread. Please follow our troubleshooting steps to try to resolve it on this post.

Please let me know if you have any question.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My FitBit Charge3 stopped working. I received the replacement which does not register on any device. What’s the next step

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MashStew Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulties to set up your Fitbit Charge 3.

I noticed that  you've been in touch with Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide a high level of support as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got through with the help of Customer support. Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MashStew Thank you for the update.

I'm glad to hear that our team is providing assistance to your case. Thank you for letting us know.

Feel free to contact us back at any time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I'm having this same issue. I've had this specific device for about 4-5 months. It's been going on for the past two days and although I don't want to get rid of it, I'm about ready to.

Apart from the restart steps, which I've tried to no avail, are there any other options??

Thanks!

Best Answer

They replaced my Fitbit and now the new one has the same issue. I am giving up. 
I had a Charge 2 and didn’t have these issues so there must be a problem with this version.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for sharing your experience! It's disappointing to hear. Guess I'll start looking into other options at this rate.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So.....I followed the steps, didn't work, contacted Fitbit support. Since
the Fitbit was still under warranty they sent me a new one. Now, less
than a year later, the new one has stopped working. Since you're under
warranty, you can get a new one. Me...I'm done with Fitbit.
Best Answer
After reading all the posts about folks having difficulties, I really don't
know how Fitbit gets away with selling a product with so many glitches.
Pretty ridiculous...good luck!!
Best Answer

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community @ArenW765 @Debbiekap @Figgen.

@ArenW765 @Debbiekap, I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with your Fitbit Charge 3. Thank you for restarting your Trackers before contacting us. I sent this information to Customer Support to evaluate your case. Please check your inbox on the next days.

@Figgen, thank you for your feedback. Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same issue - I've done the resets on my own and with a lovely woman at FitBit support. After not being able to fix it, a second support team person only offered me a discount on a new device, saying that my warranty is expired and this is a "damaged" device. This is clearly a Charge 3 issue, not a user issue, stemming from when I got my device a year ago to manifesting now, when others are still complaining about it. I got nowhere with getting actual help on this, for a device that has been very well taken care of. Extremely disappointed in my customer service experience and not going to rush into buying a new FitBit product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is this button?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue, I have tried all 3 recommneded fixes here changing clock face, resetting up the fitbit and the 15 second power up and it continues to do it.

It just buzzes constantly and flasjes the screen wake/notification screen.

Best Answer