Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 4 GPS disconnecting

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The GPS on my charge 4 is now disconnecting EVERY SINGLE TIME I exercise. Around the 10-12 minute mark, I get a notification on my tracker saying it can't establish a GPS connection and it's now disconnected. This is ridiculous!

Yes, I make sure I'm connected to GPS before I start, I installed the lasted firmware update, I've restarted the Fitbit, no call/text notifications come through whilst I'm exercising, I exercise in a suburban area, no tall buildings or obstructions.........What is going on? Why is my GPS constantly dropping?

I bought the Charge 4 for this feature, which is now essentially useless. Please advise ASAP when this will be fixed. I can see from other posts, the issue is not unique to me. It's unacceptable.

Kate
Best Answer
50 REPLIES 50

Yes Kojat if that happens then I will try that. That sounds like an awesome idea.

Best Answer

that's not really a solution is it? the goal of a watch is to not bring your phone with you on a run. Selling mine and getting other brand. Fitbit is subpar compared to other brands

Best Answer
0 Votes
Agree! I have a Garmin Forerunner 645. It’s excellent.
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

October 2021 and this is happening to me every ride. I've tried everything. So disappointing. 

Best Answer
Garmin time…
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge4 is so new, I'm not ready to chuck it yet. Just rag about it, LOL.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve basically stopped using my new fit bit because of this. I use Strava when I run… what was the point of buying the fit bit? Whom ever designed this doesn’t run. The screen dims out almost immediately so you can’t read it when you are running without stopping. Loved my old fit bit, too bad it doesn’t charge anymore 🙁

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too! I had a chip on my runs so the time was noted but the watch simply didn’t work on the run! Use a phone app for races. I’m going to buy a refurbed Apple Watch …which guide was WRONG. So disappointed because I loved my old Fitbit. Wish I had kept the box .

Best Answer

I've had the same problems with my charge 4 over the last few weeks.  I tried every "solution" offered on this board and across the Internet.  I called Fitbit help and described the problem and everything I had done to fix the problem.  The guy put me on hold for around 30 seconds, then came back and said "I'm sorry but we have a huge amount of current calls and I need to hang up". Which he did.  Fitbit/Google, if this is the best you can do to assist your customers then I suggest that you should find other products to sell where you can actually provide some reasonable customer service.  This a well known ongoing systemic problem affecting thousands of customers and it seems there is no desire on Fitbits part to offer a solution.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there sadly this has been going on for years - I think it’s shocking that they are unwilling to do anything about it.
There doesn’t appear to be anything we can do about it - apart from making sure we Don’t recommend it.
I have a Garmin now, much more fit for purpose.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

They sent me a Charge 5 at half price and it's worse and has more defects than the 4!

Best Answer
0 Votes