Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 5 Dies INSTANTLY after taking it off the charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Charge 4 for just over a year, and this past week the device has been dying constantly. Before I could go 7+ days without charging my device, but recently it has only be lasting 24hrs. As of yesterday, my device no longer holds a charge. I can connect the device to a charger and have the batter at 99%-100%, disconnect the charger, and the device is dead. When plugging it back into the charger, it says it's at 1%. I have gone through the settings and adjusted everything that can affect the drain of the battery as well as restarting the device and nothing works. Any solutions? Or is my device just dead?

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

I started having the exact same issues with my charge 4 as of yesterday Oct 15. Coincidence? Curious what Fitbit will say about this..

Best Answer

Absolutely nothing, because their products are designed to just outlast their warranties so you have to upgrade every few years. Good luck!

Best Answer

Also, sorry for the typo, it is a Charge 5 Fitbit. I have a video below showing how the device goes from 99% to 1% after disconnecting.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Np0kIwq72ClPICuTov4rH9vHWUzVGldI/view?usp=sharing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was really afraid of this since other brands have done similar things and purposefully drain the battery of products after warranty. Apple had a huge scandal about this, and I'm really hoping Fitbit is not taking this route, or else I will have to find another brand/product to invest in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did this get resolved?  I was wondering why when I bought mine it was on sale!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has not been resolved yet.

Best Answer

Same! All they did was send me 35% off new device because I'm 6 months out of warranty. Called and escalated case but they don't give a crap. I even brought up these forms of other people reporting the same thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am soooo pissed. I see that pretty much every single one of their devices has this complaint in these forms. It seems very intentional. Taking advantage of consumers. I will not be buying from this company again. All they gave me was 35% off coupon because I'm out of warranty by a few months.

Best Answer
0 Votes