Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 5 only logging second bike ride, not both

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I love lots of the features of the Charge 5 and use it to track my cycle rides partly as a form of security - I live in a rural area and if I ever don't make it home, folk will know where to look by checking my account. The mobile signal coverage is good. Recently, Fitbit seems to have had an update and the last few times I have been out, only the return leg of my bike rides is showing on the app, both as map and performance info. I THINK it is logging the data somewhere as my overall energy expenditure seems right but it is a little annoying only to see the information on the home run, and not to be able to check the info in both directions.

Any ideas if this is a galling glitch, or the new normal?

Thanks,

Ruth

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

It's good to see you participating for the first time in the community @KuantanCurls.

Thank you for sharing the details regarding Charge 5. I'm sorry to know that you are experiencing this kind of difficulty.

Before considering other options, please make sure you start your biking exercise on your Charge 5 and wait until your device has received a GPS signal before you start biking. You might also have a closer look here for a deeper insight about using GPS on your device: How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device? 

All devices with GPS sensors require a direct path to GPS satellites to calculate location. A weak GPS signal might affect the accuracy of your route and other activity data. Your device uses your step count to calculate distance until it finds a signal, so the total distance calculated for a workout may be slightly less accurate when GPS isn't available for the entire time. In particular, please make sure of the following: 

• That you are  in open sky and moderate trees
  • Adjust how you wear the tracker when you want to use GPS 
  • Make sure the Location in your phone settings is set to Always or All the time for the Fitbit app (if you're using connected GPS)

If you continue to experience the same behavior and your GPS is getting disconnected, make sure to try following the steps listed in this article to complete a restart, as this has been useful for other users experiencing something similar. 

Best Answer
0 Votes