Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge HR not syncing to Samsung Galaxy S9+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge HR is less than a year old. About 6 months in, it started having issues syncing.  I've chatted with fit bit and they got it to work on the computer but not my phone.  They told me my phone was out of date (Galaxy S7).  I've since replaced my phone (Galaxy S9+) and it still has issues syncing.  Currently, I have to do a reset of the fit bit and reinstall the app EVERY SINGLE TIME to get it to sync.  I am so tired of this!  Does anyone know what is wrong with my charge HR?  How do I get this fixed so I can use the charge HR as planned?

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @KLDoughty , welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your Charge HR not syncing to your new Galaxy S9+. Thanks for all you've tried to get it to work. I'd like to help you out.

I'd like to share some suggestions in the case you've not tried them.

-Make sure you're on the latest version of the Fitbit app and the latest version on the OS of your phone.

-You can try to remove your tracker from the Bluetooth devices. For this, go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone. On your connected devices, look for your tracker. Tap on it, then choose the option that says "Forget this device". Then, proceed to set up your tracker as a new device.

-For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

Hope this helps. If you experience the problem again after this, feel free to let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all of these things, and even succeeded in connecting my device to a friend's iPhone. It will not connect to my Galaxy S9+ no matter what I do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i know this isnt helpful to the OP, but ive done all the things you (the mod on this thread), have suggested and no luck. i have the latest os update on my android phone and reinstalled the fitbit app. i made sure my location and all that is on, but this is the first time ive tried to sync my charge hr to this phone and it wont even show on my bt list 😕

i do need to get my hr connected as the app kindly told me that its in desperate need of a firmware update (it originally connected for about 30s then nothing). 

Best Answer
0 Votes