Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge HR stuck on connecting to Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there, 

I've got a fitbit charge hr and for the past year almost it never connects to my phone. Im using an iPhone 7 plus. Ive downloaded the newest version of the fitbit app, reset my tracker, heck even created a new account......

It always goes its found my fitbit then gives me a 4 digit number and after that I enter the number and its stuck on the connecting to fitbit page forever...

Please help me I would really like to use my fitbit again 😞

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.  I have moved your post to the Charge HR board to increase the chance of getting a response.

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62

I'm having the same syncing issues as well. I noticed yesterday that my fitbit hadn't synced since Sept 20th. I tried all the troubleshooting solutions, like restarting my fitbit, uninstall/reinstall app, disconnect from bluetooth, disconnected my fitbit from the app. I tried to reconnect my fitbit to the app, but it won't connect after entering the 4 digit code. I have an LG v20, so i had my friend download the fitbit app to her iphone and i signed in on her phone. I reconnected my fitbit to the app and a few minutes after entering the 4 digit code, my fitbit connected and it synced my steps and such for today and yesterday. I noticed that while it was syncing that the ((o)) symbol that's above the battery was green. But when i open my app on my phone and view the synced data, and try to re-sync, that symbol is gray and doesn't change to green. The ios and android versions were the same version. So there has to be something wrong with the android version and syncing. I still don't know how to get it to work on my phone though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit charge HR is also not syncing. I've read through the posts and have tried uninstalling, connecting to the computer, restarting, reinstalling, and setting it up as a new device. No luck, It's stuck at the connecting screen after asking for the 4 digit number. My fitbit has been useless since April, it won't sync and the clock it now completely off by about 13 hours and resets my steps around 11am. 

Best Answer

Possible solution:

In my case with Honor 8 PRO helped unpairing the Charge HR from the paired devices in the phone's Bluetooth settings. 

After I entered the digits and waited a lot (possibly 20 minutes) the Charge HR was succesfully added and it seems it's syncing correctly now.

In the end I lost data for last week because originaly the Charge HR didn't sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there everyone! Good to see you all in the Community Forums! 🙂

@BMencer @ElliiottM, I've  gone ahead and escalated your cases to the Support Team for them to provide more assistance. Please, keep an eye on your inbox for more instructions!

@Sweetbread @zabkwak the reason why you're having problems with this is most likely because your phone is not a compatible device. When it comes to devices compatibility, keep in mind that the two devices that are for sure not compatible at the moment are the Huawei P9 Lite and the Huawei P8 Lite.

For all other devices, if they're not on the list of compatible devices, you might be able to sync with them but we don't guarantee that the functionality will be optimum as we are still testing on these phone models and due to the large number of Android and Windows devices, our team has not yet tested all of them. In the meantime, besides trying the suggestions we've offered before, make sure you're on the latest version of the Fitbit app and that your OS is updated.

@RoeOLand have you checked the compatibility of your device? If not, please, see the list here.

If you guys need more help, be sure to let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
I have a samsung galaxy s6. Should be completely compatable and worked
prior to april.
Best Answer

I started using my old Charge this weekend and went to add it to the phone. Charge had been in a cupboard for over a year and completely flat and needs an update too. Spent an hour stuck on the trying to apply the 4 digit number numerous times. Tried different devices and no luck.

Finally got the Charge HR to sync by performing a FACTORY reset, not a reboot, a full FACTORY reset. Instructions are:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1606

After the factory reset, the Charge connected on the first try to my iPhone 6 and an Amazon Fire 8 tablet. Hope this helps.

Best Answer

I had a long chat with support, and eventually they had me mail it back for replacement.

Amusingly, I opened the app (clicked it by habit) yesterday and found that it HAD synced the day I was rebooting and rebooting and trying to pair -- but it didn't show in the app that day, and it didn't seem to actually connect at any time (wasn't in the bluetooth menu).

Weird, man.

I've already been escalated.

I actually tried a factory reset, but following the steps they gave didn't actually do it -- holding the button after unplugging just made it start a stopwatch activity.

Moderator edit: Merged replies, removed case number

Best Answer

For above comment, push in and hold the button when the display is off. If its on (showing clock etc.), it starts the timer.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a LG G6. I have tried all these options and nothing works. I really
liked my Fitbit... Would buying a new Fitbit device resolve the issue?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did that. In fact, since I was following the instructions on a factory reset, it was plugged into a USB port, I pushed the button, held it for a long count, and unplugged it while holding the button in. At which point the timer started.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys, good to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

@RoeOLand, as you mention, the Samsung Galaxy S6 is a compatible device. I'd recommend giving your Charge HR a quick restart. For this, plug the charging cable to any USB port or UL-certified USB wall charger and plug the other end to your Charge HR. Press and hold the button for 10-12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and the version number and release the button.

Then, remove your tracker from the Bluetooth connected devices on your phone. For this, go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone. On your connected devices, look for your tracker. Tap on it, then choose the option that says "Forget this device". Then, proceed to set up your tracker as a new device.

For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem. Hope this helps!

That's great to hear @JLH64! Thanks for letting us know!

@ElliiottM, I'm glad to hear that our team was able to help you out. Hope to have you back on track soon!

@GlassFit, The LG G6 is not in the list of Supported Devices so I don't really think that purchasing a new Fitbit tracker would make a difference because it's a matter of compatibility with your phone.

Anything else you guys may need, I'm always around!

Best Answer
@FerdinandFitbit , The item was working great. does this mean now i should
just dispose of my Charge HR? My gf also has the smaller Fitbit, and her
alarm, straight up did not go off this morning... It was not clear that
Fitbit was compatible specific ... That's really a bummer... Are there any
plans to make LG G6 compatible? Or should i just throw my FitBit hardware
away?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @GlassFit, thanks for getting back! 🙂

I'm very sorry about this. The reason why everything was working fine and then it stopped could be due to a phone update. Since these devices are not fully compatible, any change in the OS can make a syncing tracker to stop syncing.

At the moment, we don't have any update on if this phone will be compatible or not. My best recommendation would be to keep an eye on the list for any update on the LG G6 compatibility.

Anything else you may need, I'm always around!

Best Answer

Fitbit service and support is really terrible. For a device that costs so much $, people should not be having phone compatibility issues, Fitbit should be thinking ahead in software releases and not allowing these scenarios to take place.

I'm so glad  I read the forums before spending $200 on a Versa. The forums have many complaints about Fitbit service and inability to fix issues - seems to also be issues with the new Charge 3 too.

Fitbit repeatedly responding that "it may or may not be fixed in the future" is not good enough. I'm keeping my $ in my pocket.

Best Answer

Good to see you around @JLH64!

The reason why there are compatibility issues is because our team is still testing on these phone models and due to the large number of Android and Windows devices, our team has not yet tested all of them. Also, some of the devices that are not compatible, are in this situation due to hardware discrepancies which are out of Fitbit's control.

Thanks a lot for your input on this. Anything else, I'm here to help!

Best Answer

Hasn't Fitbit, Android, and Windows been around for years? Somehow Garmin has figured basic compatibility out. In today's market, a user should not have to be concerned about basic compatibility from a major player.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @JLH64 and I really wish I could be of more help but at the moment, there's not much else I can do about this.

Hopefully in a near future, more of the devices that are now incompatible, will be compatible.

If there's anything else I can help you with, let me know and I'll be happy to help you out!

Best Answer

Thank you for replying but the Charge HR used to sync with my Samsung S6
(not new at all) but has stopped. It is still not syncing - has not done so
since 2nd of Oct.

We thunk it us about time to throw Fitbit away and look for alternative,
probably Garmin Gear 3.

Sorry, but I find Fitbit's response unacceptable.

Thanks,
Daniel (Kerrie's husband)

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
Correct. They got our money. That is all they wanted. They won't ever get any more of mine.
Best Answer

Hi @KerrieKemp, good to see you in the Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having these problems with your Samsung Galaxy S6. It is in the list of compatible devices, so it should be working.

Do you get any error message when you try to sync or what exactly happens?

Best Answer