Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit broken band - replacement not fit for purpose

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have a Charge 4 - 9 months old.

As seems to be happening to everyone else, the rubber band broke and I narrow missed losing the Fitbit altogether.

I've claimed for a replacement band - which I now have received, but this is another rubber band.

The rubber band is no good, and not fit for purpose - is this really the only option for replacement, when I ordered the replacement I was not expecting to receive the same - did I click on the wrong option perhaps.

My concern is that this will simply break again in 10 months time by which time the product will be out of warranty.

Are there any other options for replacement?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @archie456  when a silicon band breaks, Fitbit replaces it with another silicon band. As for other options, you can see there are several band styles in the Fitbit Store (upper right link on this page) and not all are silicon. You could also go to Amazon or any other third party retailer for other bands.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

oh, OK, but what happens if it breaks again? Can I claim for another one? I have not doubt that it will break again... and I'm also concerned that I'll lose the fitbit...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@archie456  the warranty on the replacement is for the remainder of time from the original purchase, so it depends on how much time would be left on the warranty period if the band broke again. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes