Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit charge 3 display very dim after latest firmware update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After applying the latest firmware update, the display is now incredibly dim.  I plugged it into charge cradle and held side button until reset..  Smily face was bright then followed by very dim time display.  It's so dim i can't really make out much to navigate.  Please help.

sm

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Finally got it working no thanks to fitbit support.  I spoke with Fitibit chat and voice support about this dim display issue.  Both agents said it was a hardware issue and that my unit was no longer eligible for replacement and that I would have to purchase a new unit.   Asked to speak with a supervisor.  In both cases, the support tech refused my request.  I was eventually able to fumble my way to the brightness setting on the watch and return it to normal brightness.  Very disappointed in the outsourced support that fitbit provides. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62

Finally got it working no thanks to fitbit support.  I spoke with Fitibit chat and voice support about this dim display issue.  Both agents said it was a hardware issue and that my unit was no longer eligible for replacement and that I would have to purchase a new unit.   Asked to speak with a supervisor.  In both cases, the support tech refused my request.  I was eventually able to fumble my way to the brightness setting on the watch and return it to normal brightness.  Very disappointed in the outsourced support that fitbit provides. 

Best Answer

How did you get to the brightness setting?

Best Answer

i have got setting now on normal but that is dim and automatic is basically invisible - has anyone managed to get it to bright 

Best Answer

For me, its 4 left swipes from time screen (time screen was barely visible). Then 1 click on the barely legible top icon (settings), then a few clicks on the barely legible brightness option until it cycles off of dim or auto to normal.  Its a poor design detail that there isn't easy way to recover from dim without blind fumbling through menus.

Best Answer
Can't see settings because my screen is black. It is synced to my phone but can't manage brightness from the phone
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
Thanks...I have been trying but my screen is now totally black. So mad!!!

Best Answer

Yeah, that's another design flaw, brightness adjustment is only available on watch and not phone.

Best Answer

I as well talked to fitbit support. I was told it was a hardware issue and they would only offer me a discount on my next fitbit. I will not be buying another fitbit. This is my second fitbit that I have had trouble with. The first one wouldn't hold a charge and was not offered a replacement then either. Fitbit does not stand by their products and bad customer support.  

Best Answer
Is your normal bright ?? my normal is dim and my auto is barely visible – do fitbit read these posts as we all have same problem

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
Yes...and how many more have the same problem but are not writing about it?

Best Answer

Hi. I have the same problem. How do I find the brightness adjustment please 

Best Answer

sorted now 

swiped from right to left until settings showed 

Press settings and the brightness is the first option 

Best Answer
Has changing the setting actually made a difference

Mine is still not visible when outside

Would love to know if this actually sorted your issues
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

Thank you so much!!  Not being able to see what the time, or anything else on the face of my fitbit was driving me crazy. Now, if I can just figure out how to eliminate the black lines--looks like the LCD is failing.

Best Answer

THANK YOU!  Love the product and now very thankful for patient users who share helpful info.  Small kindnesses make world less lonely. 🌳🌳

Best Answer

Thank you for the help in posting how to fix the brightness! 🙂

Best Answer

Same problem here, and with the lack of notice and support from Fitbit, I will never buy another Fitbit product. And I will tell anyone and everyone about the poor product and poor support. There are plenty of companies in this world willing to provide good products and good support. Those are the ones I want to do business with.

Best Answer

The new update and the dim Fitbit screen is a terrible combination. Before the update I tolerated the dim, hard-to-read screen on my Charge 3, because I knew where everything was and it was hard, but not impossible, to read.

The band is nearly useless, much dimmer and lots of silly stuff (agenda? weather?, really?) But FB makes a good easy-to-navigate phone app. It ties me to FB, despite the bands getting more glitz-ful and less use-ful with each iteration.

Is there a good third-party app that will sync with my Charge 3 and free me to buy the best band in future?

Best Answer

I had what I think is the same problem.  The display on my year-old Charge 3 has died. It happened over two weeks, starting at the top, slowly progressing down and is now unreadable.

Best Answer