Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit charge 3 display very dim after latest firmware update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After applying the latest firmware update, the display is now incredibly dim.  I plugged it into charge cradle and held side button until reset..  Smily face was bright then followed by very dim time display.  It's so dim i can't really make out much to navigate.  Please help.

sm

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62

My brightness normal setting is still too dim for me.  I've been struggling to see the time and date.  I was using the "Mod Clock" clock face and decided to try a new clock face today just to see if I could find one where the date and time appeared brighter.  I just switched to the "Retro Double Stat" clock face and it's much better.  I know it's not a solution but hopefully this helps someone!   

Best Answer

I had the same disappointment with Fitbit support.   My watch display started by getting dim, then died altogether.  My requests for upgrade consideration were denied because they had already replaced my wristband, which broke while the watch was under warranty.   As soon as they finished telling me I was out of luck they pitched me on buying a new, more expensive, watch.  Wow.  I used to really respect this company.

Best Answer

Since the latest update my "normal" brightness setting is way too dim to read except in the dark.   None of the suggestions make any difference at all. 

Best Answer

Why is there no "bright" setting.  The "normal is so dim it is almost impossible to read.

Best Answer

That's really great for you--and so rude of Fitbit. I am in the same situation. I've come to this forum to see if someone at Fitbit will help. Sounds like they won't. What exactly did you do? I have checked my brightness on my Charge 3 and it says "normal." But yeah, it's so dark and can't be seen in the daylight. And it happened right after I did the update--which I normally don't do. I truly believe this is a glitch on Fitbit's end not mine. I'll see if they'll help but figured I'd see what you did first to see if works. Thanks in advance. 🙂 

Best Answer

Same issue--it doesn't seem like Fitbit cares. They just want all of us to buy a new one. Crooks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the steps...unfortunately, mine is already set on "normal" and is still totally dim. Ugh.

Best Answer

Same issue...we are all in the same boat. So according to Fitbit we all have faulty Charge 3s and this problem occurred after doing the update. Hmmm, logic tells me this is Fitbit's fault and they should fix it. I'm surely not going to buy another one if they won't even help support this issue. Terrible customer service!

Best Answer

Keep swiping sideways to the end (4 swipes) and you get Settings.  Tap this and you are then offered settings for Brightness and Vibrations.  On Brightness you are offered Normal, Auto and Dim.  Normal and Auto are much the same and both very dim, only visible in the dark and not outside.  Don't even try Dim or it will disappear altogether and you'll only get it back by guessing the above steps.  Why is there no Bright setting?

Best Answer
Thank you for your email. The developers have some work ahead to eliminate
this ANNOYANCE
Best Answer

thank you, it worked, wish i had an owners manual.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Living the same issue on dim screen. Frustrating!!

Best Answer

Well this Is sounding like an real issue, I was begging to think my Charge 3 had had it. I wonder if it is similar to what Apple do with their phones and they issue firmware to slow it down! to get us to consider a new/latest model.  It is very disappointing that Fitbit have not stepped in to protect their brand!

Best Answer

the same thing happened to my Charge 3! The display has disappeared and although I reset it as support chat advised, I have a very dim display on which I can barely see the bottom and no vibration. I am very disappointed and plan to look for a different tracker.  thanks to all who have shared here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ginger, was having same issue with watch.  Swiped screen 4 times to settings and adjusted brightness back to normal.  Had to turn off lights so it was dark in able to see screen.  Worked for me!! Good luck!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit is now totally useless after that update in September when it was a year old.  It is too expensive a piece of equipment to only last one year.  I am in a diabetic programme so need the Fitbit so now use my husband's, (6 months old and still working) and he has a different make altogether.  I wouldn't touch Fitbit again.  Total rip off.

Best Answer

finally, this one fix mine. Thanks to Mairsydotes.   hope it will stay bright from now on.

Best Answer

All irrelevant now as they screen has totally faded to blank.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit charge 3 is very dim after latest charge cannot read I have restarted multiple times 

Best Answer

My display was also very dim, and I tried the solution to fix it recommended by an admin, and now my numbers for anything - even the clock - won't come up when I tap. Now I have to push the side button EVERY SINGLE TIME I want to look at anything, whether it's what time it is, or my heart rate, or steps. I am SO OVER THIS PIECE OF JUNK. 

Best Answer
0 Votes