Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit charge HR won't sync to my iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My Fitbit will not sync to my phone. I tried rebooting and it would not work. I removed the tracker, and now it won't add the tracker. I'm ready to give up and take it back. Please help!
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello guys @jlebda207@Eweidman@kpritch! It's great seeing new faces around. Cat Very Happy In this case I would recommend following these steps for further troubleshooting:

For iOS: 

- Turn off Bluetooth, turn it back on, and then open the Fitbit app.

- If your tracker didn't sync, force quit the Fitbit app and open it again.

- Reboot your mobile device and then open the Fitbit app again.

- Restart your tracker again.

- Also, you might want to try setting it up from a different device such as a computer.

For Windows phones:

- Turn off Bluetooth, turn it back on, and then open the Fitbit app.

- Close the Fitbit app and open it again. A sync should occur whenever the app is opened.

- Reboot your mobile device and then open the Fitbit app again.

- Restart your tracker.

- Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.

- Try syncing with your computer.
- Set up your tracker as a new device following the instructions

For Android devices:

- Close the Fitbit app and open it again. A sync should occur whenever the app is opened.

- Restart your tracker again.

- Consider using the All-Day Sync setting. This prompts your tracker to periodically sync with the Fitbit app but may cause increased battery drain on your mobile device or tracker.

Let me know if this works guys! Cat Tongue

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

Same here. Fitbit Charge HR worked well with windows phone for about 3 weeks. Then something happened and it would not sync with my phone at all. I am not sure what caused it to happen however, I did turn on and off the stopwatch function a couple times about the time that the fitbit stopped syncing. Who knows. It would be nice if fitbit contacted their customers and told them what is going on. They have our email addresses and our accounts, so it should not be so difficult.

Best Answer

I got a new fitbit a few months ago.  Since I got it, it does not give me a weekly update on phone or computer.  Also, time is not correct.  How do I change time

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys @jlebda207@Eweidman@kpritch! It's great seeing new faces around. Cat Very Happy In this case I would recommend following these steps for further troubleshooting:

For iOS: 

- If your tracker didn't sync, force quit the Fitbit app and open it again.

- Reboot your mobile device and then open the Fitbit app again.

- Restart your tracker again.

- Also, you might want to try setting it up from a different device such as a computer.

For Windows phones:

- Turn off Bluetooth, turn it back on, and then open the Fitbit app.

- Close the Fitbit app and open it again. A sync should occur whenever the app is opened.

- Restart your tracker.

- Set up your tracker as a new device following the instructions

For Android devices:

- Close the Fitbit app and open it again. A sync should occur whenever the app is opened.

- Restart your tracker again.

- Consider using the All-Day Sync setting. This prompts your tracker to periodically sync with the Fitbit app but may cause increased battery drain on your mobile device or tracker.

Let me know if this works guys! Cat Tongue

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

I had to turn my bluetooth off and back on again for another device. And no matter how many times I've reset my Charge HR, IPhone 6, deleted the app and reinstalled, turned off bluetooth and wifi, I cannot get my Charge HR to pair with my IPhone or Macbook. I've sought help from the phone support and chat support and have had no luck. They've offered me a 25% discount towards the purchase of a new fitbit, but only if I return my fitbit to their offices.

Best Answer
After you start your iPhone fitbit app, it will try to sync with your tracker. Let it keep trying. Once it stops trying then hit the trash can at the bottom and delete the tracker from your iPhone fitbit app.

After the fitbit app says your tracker was removed, turn off the iPhone and wait a few minutes and then restart the fitbit app and go through the protocol to link your tracker to the fitbit app, including typing the 4 digits from your tracker into your fitbit app.

If you get lucky you may be able sync to iPhone as before. Do not let your tracker run out of battery. If you do, you may have to go through the delete and relink each time. I hope this works for you. I was using a windows 8.1 phone so there may be some differences between the two units.

Kirk
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @cshelle24 & @kpritch! welcome to the forums. Cat Very Happy @cshelle24 in this case, I'd give a try to what @kpritch is suggesting and then keep us posted with the outcome!

Best Answer
I have tried all the above on both phone and PC...it won't sync. I turned blue tooth off and on shut the app down reinstalled the app and I'm getting nowhere but frustrated. I love my Fitbit and can't use it...
Best Answer

I had similar problems and it freaked me out. This usually hampend when my Fitbit was completely discharged, no battery, dead as a door nail. Plug it in to your charger and walk away. Give it plenty of time to recharge. Delete your Fitbit from your iPhone and re-link as instructed putting the new number from your Fitbit into your phone app. It should link. Never let it run out of battery again or you will have to repeat this whole process again. Good luck!

Best Answer

@Rcarroll0623 thanks for trying the troubleshooting. If nothing has work, then I suggest contacting our Support Team for a second opinion. They definitely have the proper tools to take a deeper look into your tracker's behavior. Good luck and keep me posted! 

@kpritch thanks for sharing your solution with the community! This is definitely going to help other users experiencing the same issue! Thanks for participating in the forums, hope to see you around more often! Cat Very Happy

Best Answer

None of these solutions worked for me.  I turned the Bluetooth off on. MY phone yesterday and now my iPhone can't find it at all.  It worked like a charm yesterday.  It's very strange.  It did connect to my iPad, which is strange too.  The iPad is not a solution though since I can't take it in runs, etc.  any ideas? 

Best Answer

I have a charge2 and was loving it until this happened. 🙂 

Best Answer

Hi there, 

I have tried the suggested solution and experience the same problems as othe users. I have tried setting up the fitbit on two different iphones and neither has worked. It gets as far as recognising the HR device is there, I am provided a pairing number to use, I enter it into the app and nothing happens for about 5mins then I get an error message that goes off the screen too quickly to read what it says, and the device remains not set up. please help. 

Best Answer

@Ncfootes it's nice to see new faces around in the Community! Please follow these steps for iOS syncing troubleshooting.

On a different note, I'd like to kindly ask if you could post future questions in the Charge 2 board as this is the Charge HR board. In the right board (Charge 2), you'll find more relevant info related to your tracker. Thanks for your help on keeping the Community a tidy and organized place. Smiley Happy If you're not able to find an existing topic, feel free to start a new one. Good luck! 

@tkmcooper123 thanks for stopping by! Have you tried restarting your Charge HR? If not, then I recommend doing the following:

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Insert the other end into the port on the back of your Fitbit Charge or Fitbit Charge HR. Your tracker will begin charging.
  3. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V122").
  4. Let go of the button.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

If that doesn't do it, follow these troubleshooting steps for set up issues. Good luck and let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
Hi Fitbit wearer, I finally gave up. The xxxx thing ran out of battery and has refused to be charged by anything I tried. I used to think it was all on me. Now I am convinced it is a piece of xxxx and not worth the 120-150$ I paid for it. Nothing that uses electricity should be this xxxx difficult to charge. Clearly it is flawed engineering. Even though it does not blow up like a Samsung 7, it doesn't charge does it, so what good is it?

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

My Charge HR died.  I had recharged it and then I could not connect,  I deleted the device from both fitbit app and Bluetooth devices, reinstalled the app, nothing.  Then followed the instructions to restart my tracker, (http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186) referenced in MariamFitbit's post and woot got it! NP.  Probably should have restarted the tracker first and saved time.

Best Answer

Thank you! I haven't used my charge hr since May, was eyeing up charge2 but can't afford atm! So glad to have my Fitbit back!

Best Answer

None of the above solutions did a thing. Plus, how do you sync with the computer. When the fitbit is in the charger the buttons are obstructed. I regret buying this tech gear which doesn't work!  Poor performance fitbit, I'll be replacing asap and you've lost another customer.

Best Answer

SO your answer basically is, reboot.   Doesn't work, regardless if I am just closing the app, or rebooting the phone, or restarting the fitbit, or shutting bluetooth off and turning it back on. Do you have any real solutions?  Can I get the money back that I wasted on this Fitbit Blaze 2 months ago? It used to work, synched for awhile, but no longer. Please advise.

Best Answer

I have tried all the suggestions. I too like other users have been asked unable to make the sync work. This Fitbit was a replacement from you for another one that stopped working in Summer last year and this one has not  worked either. My husbands fitbit stopped working too. I would really like a refund for this brand new item that simply does not work. 

Best Answer