Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit charge HR won't sync to my iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My Fitbit will not sync to my phone. I tried rebooting and it would not work. I removed the tracker, and now it won't add the tracker. I'm ready to give up and take it back. Please help!
Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

I've just received a replacement Fitbit. How do I sync it to my account please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also having problems.... but found that connecting my fitbit to my computer via the USB cable has at least allowed the phone to recognize the fitbit. It's a start! 

Best Answer

Tried all the suggestions and none of them worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@amoff11 & @Janis thanks for joining us and for your feedback. Hey, have you guys tried setting up you trackers as replacements? If you haven't already please check the following post to do so.

@amoff11 As far as I know there is no way to factory reset your Charge 2. Hey just as a friendly reminder, please post your Charge 2 inquiries in the Charge 2 board. This will definitely provide more relevant info related to your tracker and it will help us to keep the community organized. Thanks for your understanding!

@MrsDoz please check out this post to set up your replacement. Good to know that you received one! Oh and welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

@lmpie94 it's nice to see new faces around! Have you got your Fitbit Charge HR syncing again through the charging cable? Do confirm that to me! Also, have you tried restarting your tracker? If you haven't already, please do the following:

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Insert the other end into the port on the back of your Fitbit Charge or Fitbit Charge HR. Your tracker will begin charging.
  3. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V122").
  4. Let go of the button.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Hope this helps guys! Keep me posted. Smiley Happy

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

... tried this for ages, then realised I had a tablet synced to my Fitbit- I switched this off and then went to the Fitbit app- it didn't work until I pressed 'sync' now (or similar- under the 'all day' button)- problem solved 👍

Best Answer

@rmammatt awesome news! Reading that your problem was solved was like a ray of sunshine! Smiley Very Happy Heart

I'd like to invite you to our Lifestyle Discussion Forums. There are lots of interesting topics; my favorite is "Eat Well" since I love food! Heart

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Thank you- I look forward to reading the articles (need all the help I can get!)...

Best Answer

@rmammatt sure thing! Feel free to post back if you have any other inquiry. Smiley Tongue

Hope to see you around more often!

Best Answer

I had a Charge HR that needed battery charging every other day AND either turning off/on tracker and/or my iPhone.  Unfortunately, first replacement tracker was a dud, per Tech Support so another one was sent.  After 2 1/2 hours on the phone with 2 different support techs (first one disco'd at 5:00 pm, a surprise to me), finally got the 2nd replacement synced and working.  Turns out there is a known issue with both iPhones and Windows, which I was told after tracker wouldn't sync with either iPhone or PC.  Very maddening, to say the least!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MARILYN.VOYLES thanks for joining us and for providing us with your feedback. I'm glad to read that your 2nd replacement is working as it should. Smiley Happy I'm assuming Our Support Team guided you trough some troubleshooting steps; however, I suggest reviewing this post with some other troubleshooting steps for future reference. Maybe there's there something that might help for your tracker. Smiley Wink 

Feel free to post back! 

Best Answer

I cannot comprehend why fitbit now has such dreadful programming that they expect their customers to spend hours and hours to pair or sync their trackers.  After spending 2 1/2 hours with 2 support techs in a chat, finally got my replacement Charge HR to sync - ONCE.  I do not have enough hours in the day to spend with fitbit to get your tracker to work properly.  Disgusted with how downhill trackers and/or programming have gone in the last year or so.

Tracker is not pairing AGAIN with iPhone 5.
My tracker synced one time, around 6:30 PM, from my iPhone 5. Now it won't sync at all. I have done all the steps outlined, with my brand new replacement Charge HR, numerous times and it still will not sync via my iPhone 5 or Windows 10 computer. I am about to give up. My husband already said no way he'd get a fitbit after seeing what I'm going through. Further, like a dummy I did what last Tech Support person told me to get new tracker to pair, and now have to repair with my car and everything. Last words from Tech Support is that these are known software problems w/iPhones & Windows and engineers are aware. Both are what I use and very different items?
Just to clarify...I have no tracker that will pair at this time, rendering my Charge HR useless except as a watch and I have much nicer ones.
Not my issue. Nothing else is paired.
Just got this recommendation from chatting with a different Tech - to factory reset my Charge HR by following this: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1606/?q=factory&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1
Plan to try this tomorrow after spending literally over 4 hours on the replacement yestereday.

Moderator Edit: content

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of this has worked.  My fitbit has been syncing for months and up til a week ago.  Now on my Android phone, on my pc, they don't see it.  I've closed/removed the app, turned bluetooth on and off on both, done everything I've read and nothing works.  Neither one sees it anymore.  I've just finished a challenge very short of points because this thing stopped working a week ago and I've been struggling with it ever since.  Beyond frustrated.  This is the second one I've battled with.  Think it's time to move to another brand.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, So I've been using my Fitbit non stop since I had the item and I've loved using it. However silly me lost the charger for it and so I didn't use it for a few days as it was flat. When I finally found the charger and been using it since, the Fitbit doesn't want to always want sync. There are times when I have to try a couple of attempts for it to do so and then there are times when I have the error message come up. 

I am trying to sync it currently and am on my 6th attempt Grrrrr!!!! 

I not sure if this is my fault for letting it go completely flat for a week max or if this is the product. The Fitbit was brought last Christmas time, but I have no proof of purchase as this was bought for me, I also don't want to have to send it back if the problem is fixable. 

It really annoys me that it will not sync first time like it did.

Any suggestions? please help me! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue when setting my Fitbit up to my phone. I tired with the Ipad and this worked, I then tried to re sync with my phone and eventually it worked.  

So if you have another device with Bluetooth try using that and seeing if you can connect, sot sure if anyone as suggested it already, so if they have apologies for repeating it 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you very much. Unfortunately, this did not work either.

Paula
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all the suggestions and I can't sync for 3 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I pretty much have given up on mine. I have had the same problem.  I loved mine however I'm on my third one all the same problem.  Now on military time