Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit charge HR won't sync to my iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My Fitbit will not sync to my phone. I tried rebooting and it would not work. I removed the tracker, and now it won't add the tracker. I'm ready to give up and take it back. Please help!
Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102
In the end I had to call customer service again and this time I was lucky
enough to get someone who "tried" various things and we got it sync'd. It
was hit & miss so I can't say there was anything simple. It was plugging
the fitbit into my pc, turning the fitbit off, turning bluetooth off on
*any* nearby devices, changing settings and changing them back. Very
random, although she knew all the things I should try. Then all of a
sudden I saw the sync happen and she was very happy to hear something had
worked. And while she didn't say so outright, I definitely got the
impression that this was not an "unusual" circumstance for fitbit, sad to
say.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@eMBee13 thanks for joining us! Please note this is the Charge HR board. In order to get quicker solutions please make sure you post in the correct board (Charge 2). This is also to keep the community organized for everyone. Please attempt a restart and let me know if it helps. I'll be around! 

@MolokaiGirl I'm happy to hear that our Support Team took care of your concern. Thanks for posting what worked for you. Also, I'd like to invite you to our Lifestyle Discussion Forums. There are lots of interesting topics; my favorite is "Eat Well" since I love food!

Hope to see you around more often!

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Hi Kpritch

I have the same problem....and I tried everything and the only think works for me was this

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Insert the other end into the port on the back of your Fitbit Charge or Fitbit Charge HR. Your tracker will begin charging.
  3. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V122").
  4. Let go of the button.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

One more try doen't hurt....so let me know if works for you as well.....

P.S. Hope you still having your fitbit 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you try this.....believe me I tried everything and nothing works but this

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Insert the other end into the port on the back of your Fitbit Charge or Fitbit Charge HR. Your tracker will begin charging.
  3. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V122").
  4. Let go of the button.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes thank you
Powered by Cricket Wireless
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ihave afitbit charge 2 and a huawie p8 lite  I can not get it to sync I have had alsorts of trouble with this product I think its a good tracker but with bad support net works 

@MariamV wrote:

Hello guys @jlebda207@Eweidman@kpritch! It's great seeing new faces around. Cat Very Happy In this case I would recommend following these steps for further troubleshooting:

For iOS: 

- Turn off Bluetooth, turn it back on, and then open the Fitbit app.

- If your tracker didn't sync, force quit the Fitbit app and open it again.

- Reboot your mobile device and then open the Fitbit app again.

- Restart your tracker again.

- Also, you might want to try setting it up from a different device such as a computer.

For Windows phones:

- Turn off Bluetooth, turn it back on, and then open the Fitbit app.

- Close the Fitbit app and open it again. A sync should occur whenever the app is opened.

- Reboot your mobile device and then open the Fitbit app again.

- Restart your tracker.

- Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.

- Try syncing with your computer.
- Set up your tracker as a new device following the instructions

For Android devices:

- Close the Fitbit app and open it again. A sync should occur whenever the app is opened.

- Turn off Bluetooth, turn it back on, and then open the Fitbit app.

- Reboot your mobile device and then open the Fitbit app again.

- Restart your tracker again.

- Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.

- Consider using the All-Day Sync setting. This prompts your tracker to periodically sync with the Fitbit app but may cause increased battery drain on your mobile device or tracker.

- Try syncing with your computer.

Let me know if this works guys! Cat Tongue

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Charge HR stopped syncing with my iPhone 7. I have tried everything: Turned bluetooth on and off. Turned ap on and off. Erased ap and reloaded. Turned iPhone on and off. It just searches and searches. My iPhone syncs via bluetooth with all other devices. It even worked with the Fitbit Charge HR for a few years but it will no longer sync. Do I have to throw the Fitbit out?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My FitBit Charge2 stopped syncing to my Android phone. 

I saw this:

- Close the Fitbit app and open it again. A sync should occur whenever the app is opened. [DONE]

- Turn off Bluetooth, turn it back on, and then open the Fitbit app.[DONE]

- Reboot your mobile device and then open the Fitbit app again. [DONE]

- Restart your tracker again. [HOW??]

- Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app. [DONE]

- Consider using the All-Day Sync setting. This prompts your tracker to periodically sync with the Fitbit app but may cause increased battery drain on your mobile device or tracker. [ALREADY SET TO ALL DAY SYNC]

- Try syncing with your computer. [HOW??]

This is very frustrating! I'm on my third FitBit - the first two quit working altogether. And now this!

Best Answer

Frankly I've given up on Fitbit generally! SO MANY people have this problem and there is apparently no fix. It's a faulty product and should not be sold if it doesn't work. 

Best Answer

They should offer a new Fitbit in exchange for the broken ones.

Sincerely,

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal information

Best Answer

I spent over 30 minutes chatting with help desk who in turn could not fix the problem and had to escalate it to another department. Now I'm waiting on an email from them - 24-48 hours to receive. At this point, I think I just want a refund and I'll find another tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't Work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello -

My mom's fitbit (Charge HR) stopped syncing to her iPhone as well. I tried rebooting and force quit the Fitbit app (and turn off and on the bluetooth) but nothing worked. I removed the Fitbit from the app and attempted to re-add the device but I'm getting "connecting to Tracker" but it is stuck on that screen. I'm unable to re-add her fitbit in the app. Please help!

Best Answer

Greetings everyone! 

Thanks for troubleshooting your trackers and mobile devices. I have found a post with further troubleshooting steps for syncing issues. Check it out here.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! 

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Sorry, nothing of this works. Although the charge HR is on, It is not detected by other devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard @Martino66! I recommend trying to restart your tracker by doing the following:

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port and insert the other end into the port on the back of your Fitbit Charge HR. Your Charge HR will begin charging.
  2. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V122").
  3. Let go of the button.
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Also if this doesn't work I suggest setting up your tracker again by doing this:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your Charge HR and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Hi there,

i did all those steps but it still doesn’t sync, any further suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Superfuzzi thanks for taking a break from stepping to visit the Community! I'd like to verify if this issue has been resolved by now. Do let me know. I'll be around!

Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Same issue here

Old charge HR would not be detected by iphone after deleting device (to update firmware, per fitbit advice). Not showing up under devices in bluetooth tab, not detected by the app.

Fitbit sent out a replacement and the replacement will ALSO not show up on iphone (either under bluethooth devices tab, or in the app) OR on macbook. It will only be detected and sync with my windows laptop!

Spent HOURS in chat with CS rebooting over and over and over and over and over and over again but the device never synced with any apple device. They offered yet another replacement but I'm done wasting time on it.

The bluetooth on both my mac and iphone work fine (I'm actually using a bluetooth keyboard on my mac right now, and both of my laptops are detected by the phone), but the windows laptop is the only thing that can 'detect' the fitbit tracker!

(nb, yes, I WAS only trying with one device at a time with the bluetooth turned off on the others. If i had £1 for every time someone at fitbit assumed otherwise and that I was causing the problem myself by being an idiot I'd be able to buy another tracker)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Hope you're doing well, and enjoying some healthy activities! Smiley Happy Thanks for taking time out of your day to provide us with your feedback. I wanted to ask a couple of questions, to ensure I have understood your issue correctly. 

• Is your Charge HR detected by your iOS devices (iPhone & Mac)?
  • Are you syncing your Charge HR with a Windows computer or with a Windows mobile device?

Please get back to me with this info. In the meantime, check out these posts with extra troubleshooting steps. I'll be looking forward to your new comments! Smiley Wink

Best Answer