Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit exercise calories always the same, no matter average heart rate bmp

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I previously had the Fitbit Charge 2 or 3 which I wore religiously until it gave up on me. I would log all of my exercises from spinning, aerobics, boxing, etc which never seemed to have this problem. 

Now that I have upgraded to the Fitbit Luxe, I find that no matter how different, harder or less intense I work out with varying average heart rate, my calories burned are always showing the same for each exercise type. E.g. 45min spinning, high intensity will always log 257 calories. 

My average heart rate can be +20 bpm in a 45min workout compared to the last, but the calories burned for each are still exactly the same every time. 

Surely this is incorrect. How do I correct this on my Fitbit? 

I am using Android, version 3.65.1.

Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

When you manually log a workout after the fact, fitbit ignores any data, such as heart rate, that was actually recorded, and just goes by the parameters that you use logging the workout.  It is as if it figures the reason you are manually logging the workout is because you were not actually wearing the device during the workout.  That should be the same with all Fitbit models.  The best way to get accurate data is to use the on-device Exercise App to record the workout in real time.

See How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device? 

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. This makes a lot of sense. 

I stopped logging the workouts real time a long time ago as it would keep vibrating on my hand and became very annoying! 

I will need to look into this again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I know what those vibrations were.  There is setting, perhaps on by default, to vibrate every time you change heart rate zones, that care annoying if you are exercising at a point near boundary between zones.

There is a way to adjust settings in each exercise type within the Exercise App; I forget exactly on the Luxe but here's description from Luxe manual :

JohnnyRow_0-1661269750600.png

You probably want to turn that off for every exercise type you might choose..

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes