Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit hr not connecting to app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My daughters charger hr ran out of battery and had wrong time when recharged. We tried to sync it to update time but it wouldnt sync. I have restarted fitbit, android phone and app before removing and reinstalling app. App connects with fitbit and asks for 4 digit code but then sticks on this page with the connecting icon endlessly spinning. I have retried numerous times but with same out come. HELP 

Best Answer
0 Votes
46 REPLIES 46

Hi there,

I charged my Charge HR and tried to sync it to my Samsung S7, no luck. I jumped on the forums and looked at what worked for others. I followed all the recommendations:

- restarted fit bit

- restarted my phone

-uninstalled the app on my phone/reinstalled the app

- Bluetooth off and on

-factory rest of the fitbit

- forgot Bluetooth pairings

- forgot my hr in the app

- if it’s recommended to try, I’ve done it...

nothing has worked. The fit bit is running, but has the wrong date, time, and won’t connect to my phone. Each time I try to pair it, sometimes my phone sees it to pair, but eventually it times out and states that the HR rejected to pairing.  It really is a shame. What else haven’t I tried? Help please!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found the issue to be with app permissions.  I went into app settings on my phone and allowed permission for storage.  It's now working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The annoying recurring problem of an inability to properly sync happens every once in a while. The recommended turning Bluetooth on and off did not work. I finally turned the phone off I holding all buttons until it restarted. That worked Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I am having the same problem can you help me too?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried it about 100 times and it eventually worked.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You are the best!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having the same problem and tried all the steps with no success -- restarting my  Charge HR, reinstalling the app, turning Bluetooth off and back on (I usually have it turned off except when needed), turning the phone off and back on, ... , everything except a factory reset of the Charge HR. Nothing worked. Finally, I went to my phone's Bluetooth menu and clicked on "Pair a new device." That found my Charge HR and, after a couple of confirmations, paired successfully. The Fitbit app still said it needed to pair, but this time was able to do so successfully. 😀

So, that's my solution. Let the phone's own Bluetooth menu do the initial pairing, then the Fitbit app will be able to pair successfully,

Best Answer
0 Votes