Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit isn't notifying me of texts or calls

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought my Fitbit Charge 2 on Saturday. In the beginning, I was receiving all notifications on my Fitbit. Then, on Monday, it stopped out of nowhere. I checked settings on my phone and my app and they're still on. My phone is always within 20 steps of where I am because I'm on vacation and it's almost always in my pocket. I tried to delete the app and "Forget this Device" on my Bluetooth and re-install it but it won't gI've me a new pairing code. I don't know what else to do other than return it and get a new watch? Can someone help me please? This is my last attempt at fixing it before I return this watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's nice to have you aboard @Hnichols7, welcome to the forums! Thanks so much for troubleshooting this before posting. Nice way to go my friend!

Please can you take a look at this post of mine and let me know if you've done every single steps posted there? We don't have to skip any of them. Woman Very Happy Have you checked what @Pobo suggested? You can temporarily turn off notifications. From the clock face, just press and hold the button to stop notifications, then repeat when you want to turn them back on.

Also, make sure that your Fitbit app (2.36) and Firmware version on you Charge 2 are up-to-date (22.53.4). 

I'll be waiting for your response! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

If you hold the button on the side down for about 5 seconds it should turn them on.

Best Answer

It's nice to have you aboard @Hnichols7, welcome to the forums! Thanks so much for troubleshooting this before posting. Nice way to go my friend!

Please can you take a look at this post of mine and let me know if you've done every single steps posted there? We don't have to skip any of them. Woman Very Happy Have you checked what @Pobo suggested? You can temporarily turn off notifications. From the clock face, just press and hold the button to stop notifications, then repeat when you want to turn them back on.

Also, make sure that your Fitbit app (2.36) and Firmware version on you Charge 2 are up-to-date (22.53.4). 

I'll be waiting for your response! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Omg thank you so much lol it worked! 

Best Answer

Thank you very much. This forum was very helpful. I couldn't get text and call notifications. I didn't know you could hold the button on the clock face and turn them off. As soon as I read that answer I knew that's what I had done I had accidentally turned them off. Thank you again for your help. 

Best Answer

Music to my ears @Cpregmon! I'm so glad to hear you're back on track! Smiley Very Happy

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further help. Have a wonderful day!

Best Answer

Hi, I just started using my Fitbit on Sunday and I am having the same issue. I've tried doing same troubleshooting and still no success. Is there another solution? Please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

Yes, the solution for me was to hold the button on the watch until you see the word "Notifications" it'll say "on" or "off".

If it says "off", hold it until it switches to "on". Hope this helps! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried and tested and still not getting my notifications. I may have to return it 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

Smiley Sad is your Bluetooth connected? That's really weird. I'm sorry I couldn't help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today I finally got a phone notification today but still no text notifications. The only time I turn my Bluetooth off is bedtime. It's very strange. Thanks for the help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @LilCindy79, thanks for stopping by and trying the suggestions we all have posted here! Just a quick question. Are you on an iOS mobile devices? If so, I'm afraid to say that some iOS users with a Charge 2 are not able to receive text notifications but call and/or calendar notifications.

However, keep in mind that our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. 

If you are one of these users with notifications issues on iOS device, can you double check if you can receive call/calendar notifications only?

Thanks for help @Hnichols7Smiley Very Happy

Thanks a million my friend! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone and am getting call notifications but not text notifications on my new Charge 2. I got it on Sunday and it worked for a couple of days and them stopped. Do you think this is the problem you discussed? If so, any idea when it will be resolved? When it is resolved, will there be anything that the users need to do? Thanks for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It sounds pretty much related to that issue since you're using iOS. However, I was wondering if you've tried what I posted here? Maybe that does the trick. Man Very Happy

I'm a Charge 2 user on iOS and I haven't had any issues with my notifications so far. Let's give this a shot and let me know how it goes. Smiley Wink

PD: Answering your question, at this time we don't a specific date on when this will be resolved, but keep in mind that I'll be updating this thread as soon as I get updates from our team. 

Welcome to the forums my friend!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply. Actually, my notifications started working a little while after I first posted my question.

Thanks anyway!

Best Answer
0 Votes

BOOM! Man Tongue I'm very glad to hear your notifications are working as expected! Is everything running smoothly now?

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience. Robot wink

Wish you an awesome week! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i got text and phone notifications and then about a week ago it stopped working   I have an iphone and nothing changed.  I have turned the notifications off and on and still nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey you @dlp2411, thanks for stopping by! I'm very sorry to hear about the issues with your notifications. Thanks for troubleshooting this, nice way to go! Smiley Very Happy

I'm wondering if you're not getting all the notifications or you're getting just one, calendar/texts or calls? Also, I'd like to know if you've tried every single steps I've shared here

Looking forward to your response!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did everything and it still does not work.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm so sorry to hear this my friend @dlp2411. However, I'd like to ask again if you're missing all the notifications or just "text notifications". I'm asking this since some iOS users are experiencing this, getting all notifications (phone and calendar), but not texts. 

If you confirm this, please be aware that our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. 

If this is not your case, don't hesitate to get back to me and let me know. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer