Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not tracking sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit has stopped tracking sleep?? First it only tracked half of the night for 2 nights then stopped tracking altogether?? Tried rebooting   , logging out and in again, Bluetooth off and on. Have also checking for updates but all up to date. Can anyone help please 

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

Hi @Ellie028. Welcome! It's nice to see a new face around.

Thanks for letting me know that your Charge 3 hasn't been tracking your sleep correctly. You did a good job with the troubleshooting steps and let's work on this together. Since there are some factors that may prevent your tracker from recording your sleep, please make sure of the following:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device as described in this help article.
  • If  your tracker wasn't recording heart rate data.
  • If you slept for less than 1 hour for sleep patterns or less than 3 hours for sleep stages.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

That said, on your tracker swipe to the left, tap on settings and turn off the heart rate settings. Then restart it one more time and turn back on the heart rate settings. Wear it on your non-dominant hand and monitor it on the next night. For the nights that don't have sleep data, you can manually log your sleep by going to the Fitbit app, tapping on the "+" icon next to the sleep tile > Add Sleep Log and entering your details..

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
Thank you for your reply. Didn’t answer for a while as I was monitoring the problem. Did all the rebooting and everything else and over the past week it tracked sleep one night, then didn’t for 3 nights and then tracked last night again?? Don’t know why!! Will keep monitoring and hopefully the problem will resolve itself.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi @Ellie028. I hope you're doing well!

Thanks for keeping me updated and reviewing the information posted above. Make sure to wear your tracker as described in this help article and monitor it for the next days to see its behavior. If the issue persists, please reply back so I can continue working with you.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue, I also did all troubleshooting but fitbit only tracks intermittently or none at all on some days. My first bit is only 4 months old so not sure why I am having these issues. 

Best Answer

My Charge 3 isn't showing sleep but when I go to the app on my phone its showing my sleep and its about right for the hours I have been sleeping.  I cannot understand why its not showing on Charge 3 itself but its showing on the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My FitBit has not recorded my sleep or being synching lately. I reinstalled the device and Bluetooth and that’s resolved, but still no sleep. Not happy as my Premium account sent me a sleep record message and still no stats. I’ve also reset my device too, Charge HR.

Best Answer

Mine is also having this same issue. Restarting the device didn’t help. And it’s not related to any of the other factors (such as sleep position). 
Very frustrating since good quality sleep is one of the most important things in working on right now. 😕

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue with my versa lite. It tracks part of the night but not all. I got up to go to the loo around d 5am and went straight back to bed for another couple of hours sleep but it didn't record the later hours. Yesterday I had a 2 hour nap in the afternoon and it didn't register it at all, and the previous night the sleep stats didn't come up on my fitbit or app until I was up and about for 5 or 6 hours. 

I've done the restarts and don't know what else to do. 

Best Answer

Hi I’m having the same issue too. It has been working great up until last night. Followed all instructions but still not logging from last night. I’ll see what happens tonight 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry this is with Charge 3 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.  Have you found a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a software update on my Charge 3  and sleep seems to be recording  now

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes mine seems to be working now too 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my watch (the sense) 5 days ago and had the same issue, I called fitbit before returning the watch and they said to get the detailed reading on the sleep stages you just wear the watch to sleep. Do not press in the app "going to bed" and then wake up and say "I'm awake" functions as this is the reason it does not track your sleep. Also wear the watch 2 fingers from the wrist band. You also have to be asleep for more than 3 hours to get a reading. Hopefully this helps others, as I was also looking for answers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem, the fitbit just stopped tracking sleep. 

Best Answer

Same here.  Fitbit keeps kicking this problem down the road and I have yet to hear a solution from them.  Infer it will cost them too much money to solve this problem.  Clearly, an issue of capability misrepresented by Fitbit.

Best Answer

My Versa 2 stopped tracking sleep a few days ago.  I am trying the suggestion made by LizzyFit in 10/19.  Hopefully, this works.  One of the main reasons I purchased a fitbit was to track my sleep.

Best Answer

Have had a FitBit charge (now the version 4) since 2015. Have NEVER had a problwm

recording sleep until recently. Now it will show 1-2 hours and that’s it for the night when I full well know I have been sleeping. I have done ALL THE THINGS with updates and restarts. Clearly there is an issue. 

Best Answer
I’ve been having the same problem the last couple of nights.
Best Answer