Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not working: screen shown scrambled and it isn't charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I went to charge my fitbit and when I connect the charger the screen appears all scrambled and doesn't charge. What happened? I just got the charge 2 for Christmas...

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

First thing to try when a fitbit misbehaves is a restart using this procedure:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/

Give it a few tries as it doesn't always work first time

Best Answer

@Candyroberts It's nice to have you on board! Did you try the restart @SteveH shared on your tracker? Is it working again after 2 or 3 restarts? Could you share a picture of the issue if it is still persisting on your tracker? Make sure that it is fully charged and check the contacts for dirt, you can clean them with a toothpick or toothbrush and then use cotton with rubbing alcohol.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried charging mine all day and have tried to turn it back on and it won't even turn on. It will vibrate when I try to turn it on but thats it. Just a black screen.

Best Answer

I am having a similar problem.  Screen was black, but would vibrate when pusing button.  Then I restarted my phone and put Fitbit on charger.  Screen appeared scrambled when I tilted up to view or pushed button.  Then screen eventually went black again.  Then no response from Fitbit at all.  Left overnight and rechecked.  Now green sensors on again and responds with vibration, but screen still black.  Not tracking steps and bluetooth on phone only picks up "Misc" device, it doesn't seem to read Fitbit correctly.  Tried to restart, but screen stays black.  1 year warranty expired 5 months ago.  

Best Answer
0 Votes