Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit picking up HR when not worn

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have noticed that my Fitbit Charge 2 has been picking up a heart rate when I am not wearing the watch - usually when it's left on my table charging or not charging. Most of the time the heart rate it displays is abnormally high (like 130BPM+) meaning my calorie data for the rest of the day is very off.

Is there a fix or firmware update for this?

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@FitPo A warm welcome to our Community! Sorry to hear that your Charge 2 is recording incorrect heart rate data. Try cleaning the contacts then charge it by plugging it for a couple of hours directly to your computer's usb port (try different ports) or use an UL listed usb wall adapter. After this restart your device and see how it behaves. Also make sure you are using the Auto heart rate setting instead of the On one.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same.  It is picking up a heart rate when not worn.  Going from 65-75.  I have not  worn  mine and have had it uncharged for some time.  I have decided to charge her up and wear her again.  She has had a full charge, and I have had problems reconnecting the watch to my phone.  I have now successful ly reconnected the watch. But now it is giving off a heart rate and just by shaking it, I can produce steps.  What's happening?

Best Answer
0 Votes