Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit showing line on screen & won't work - Useless piece of equipment!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm at my wits end with my Charge HR, its showing the update line halfway and won't do any of the recommended fixes.  I've tried every single suggestion I can find out there, including unpairing it, trying to turn it off and on (which it won't do) and even factory reset (which it also won't do).  Is there any way I can get this thing going again?

This is my 4th Charge HR in 4 years, and it has also started to bubble around the strap.  As I'm just out of my warranty, Fitbit won't replace it, but they did say I could have 25% off another product.  Ha!  Like I'm going to buy one of their inferior products again.  

I was hoping this current Fitbit would last until I can save to buy a Garmin or Samsung watch, but my plan is fading fast unless someone else has another suggestion?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

I had the same issue. My fit bit device stuck while upgrading and was showing half white horizontal line.

Fix:

Installed fitbit app in different mobile and connected fitbit HR through the app. My device got updated automatically in few mins and started working.

Note: keep mobile Bluetooth in ON.  

Regards,

Vetrivel

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's called the "Half Bar of Death" and apparently it's very common as I've been trying to fix mine for a couple of days. The general opinion seems to be that all the known fixes work for only a short time, and then the same problem returns. I'm on the verge of giving up, but it makes me really cross that I have to get a new one just because Fitbit can't get their firmware upgrades to work properly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to gorilla glue the bubble up areas. It was replaced 3 times same issue warranty ran out so I glued those areas down. Extreme but better than buying a new one. I also have half bar of death. Will try solution below Good Kuck!
Best Answer
0 Votes