Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit stopped notifying me of text messages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Some time ago, my fitbit stopped notifying me of text messages.  It works with calls but not texts....I have rebooted it as well as checked my settings on fitbit and phone.  Any advise?

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Hey there @Usmcmom, it's nice to see you around the Community Forums! Smiley Very Happy Thanks for already checking your setting on the Fitbit app and phone. 

Let's try the following step-by-step:

• Make sure that your Fitbit App is up-to-date
  • Log out of your Fitbit App
  • Force quit the App
  • Restart your Charge 2
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit App
  • Make sure that "Enable Notification Widget" is turned on. This can be found with other notification settings in the Fitbit Android App.
  • Turn on "Always Connected" in the Fitbit Android App. What this does is improve the Bluetooth connection between your Charge 2 and your mobile device.
  • Verify that you have notifications turned "On" on-device by holding the button on your Charge 2 for two to three seconds when your Charge 2 is displaying its clock face.

In addition, I recommend double check the following:

1. Open your "Messages" app on your Android device.
  2. Go to "Settings."
  3. Click on "Notifications."
  4. Make sure there is a checkmark next to "Preview Message" (As shown below).

Screenshot_2015-09-22-12-50-12.png

Give this a go and let me know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've looked online and I've tried everything to get my texts and calls to buzz on my fitbit, but it's still not working. I have an IPHONE 8 but I've also had updates on it. I haven't used my fitbit for a least a year. Should I remove my fitbit and redo the whole thing on my app? 

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all of these things and I still can’t get notifications to my fitbit anymore. Since upgrading to an iPhone 11, my Fitbit has not worked properly. I’ve had one for almost 6 years now but it might be time to go to the Apple Watch since Fitbit can’t seem to figure out how to fix this glitch. 

Best Answer

Same here. No matter what I do I can’t get my text alerts back. Phone calls, no problem. Texts, not happening. Fitbit sent out an acknowledgement of a bug in the iOS 13 update that has users experiencing the inability to receive text alerts but they “were working hard at resolving the issue”...for 4 months now. 

Best Answer

I have the same. Have tried everything suggested but still missing texts.

it was the main reason I got the watch. 

Best Answer

I’ve had the same problem. It worked fine for several weeks after I got my iPhone 11 Pro, but stopped working randomly. I’ve tried am everything and I can’t get it to notify me of texts anymore. So frustrating...

Best Answer

This is bogus, you guys have been posting this “fix” for months and it DOES NOT WORK. Stop trying to buy time and make people feel dumb. You know and I know your self help doesn’t fix the issue. It’s been going on since January now because the update for iPhones didn’t coincide with the texts. Be honest and tell the people you can’t fix it or start refunding people. This is ridiculous!

Best Answer

OMG. i thought i was the only one who is experiencing this issue. I’ve rebooted both my iphone 6s and fitbit versa and still cannot get text notifications through my fitbit versa. 

this has only been apparent to me in the last month and was last working, i believe, in march.  

please fix it. text messages are pretty important notification. it’s one of two reasons why i still use a fitbit almost daily. 

Best Answer

This doesn't work.

Best Answer

I gave up and bought myself an Apple Watch 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this is an old thread but I had this problem with my Fitbit versa 1. I just upgraded to a versa 3 assuming it was a fault in mine. Same problem and Fitbit just say “we’ll get back to you”. So gutted. My husband bought the upgrade for my birthday as we are expecting our first baby and I wanted a watch which would notify me of messages when I was busy with the baby. 

Best Answer
Yes I’m still having this issue. Still no notifications and Fitbit just says “oh well, we are working on it.” It’s over 2 years now. Once my Fitbit dies, I’m not getting another and I’ve had 3 different ones since 2016. They lost a loyal customer here.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have the versa 4 and the only thing It does it tell me when I have a call and that is very hit and miss. No what's app, no texts, no alexa, no wallet...

I swapped out my Samsung watch for this rubbish. I'm not happy at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After weeks of Fitbit saying they had escalated the issue and would come back to me I demanded a refund and got an Apple Watch instead. Terrible company, their products aren’t fit for purpose for iPhone users but they don’t acknowledge it

Best Answer

I have given up on my Inspire HR as it is constantly stopping receiving notification. I can spend hours trying to get it to work again, only for it to stop a few days later.
Absolute waste of time, money and effort... and FitBit seem completely unable to resolve the issue, or simply don't care.

Best Answer
0 Votes

FMM2.png

Best Answer
0 Votes