Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbits consistently breaking.. what to do?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello

My Fiancée and I both use and love our Fitbits.  I got my Charge in April '15 she got her Charge HR in May '15.  Despite living the product, their durability is substandard.  With my Charge, it had to be replaced twice in the first year, and again slightly after.  The first two times Fitbit sent me two replacements for free.  The third time they gave me a 20% off coupon and made me purchase a new one ( I upgraded to an HR )

My Fiancée also needed hers replaced in the first year of having it (which they did so for free) but of course it's gone bad, and now she has to buy a new one.  We know several other people who have also had fitbits, had them replaced in the first year, and then given up and moved on to another devise.  We are unsure if we should purchase her a new one or if we would simply be buying a unit that we know will go bad several times until we are forced to pay again.  It seems like a waste of money at this point. Has

anyone had better luck with their durability or is this typical, and is fitbits lack of concern over their units having frequent repeated defects typical?

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44
I went through 4 fitbit devices, my wife is settling with her broken 2nd. The solution is easy: use a competitors watch. Fitbit makes disposable devices, their business model is to make you feel good by providing a 35% discount on your next device (if it fails outside of warranty period). 
It's bad business. I went with garmin's vue watch. Learning curve, but I'm happy! I might go all in with Apple. I prefer quality over trash. It's cheaper in the long run
Best Answer
Not yet. Eventually got it replaced under warranty much to my surprise. As soon as this one breaks I am switching to another product. I want some thing that will load up to my biking apps.

I used a Garmin when I was running and it was pretty much indestructible. Please let me know how you like your Garmin.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s really too bad because I really like the functionality of the Fitbit. However it took almost a month for the replacement to arrive after I sent mine back for warranty replacement. It’s ridiculous to have to wait that long and go without a watch. I’ll check out the Garmin sale! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I’m having the same issue - I’ve had 2 break in the first month, now my third broke today, Just one month after the last replacement. With all due respect, after reading so many posts of people with the same issue, your product clearly is not built to the standard you advertise it as.  And the fact you only warranty one device, when they are breaking because they are poor quality  is simply not right.  I can see having to buy a new one every year or so, but neither me, nor my girlfriend has had one last more then a month.   Thank worst part is I want it to work so bad! When it works I love it! I’d be a life long customer if they lasted any reasonable timeframe.  How can you not warranty a product, less then a year old, that is breaking because of build quality? If five break in a year because of design or production flaws you should be replacing each one, or better yet, build one that actually works longer then a few months so you don’t have to warranty at all.  

Best,

a truly disappointed customer 

Best Answer

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit devices. Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

I am going to close this thread since it became off-topic, but if there is anything we can help you with, please don't hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes