Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freeze bug Charge 4: "Battery is not charging" message and subsequent freeze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I run into the following issue almost every day.  And it only seems to occur during exercise:

* Start bike exercise

* Bike for a good amount of minutes

* Suddenly the "Battery is not charging" message is shown, which makes no sense at all

* Press side buttons to get rid of message and continue exercise

* At one point the Charge 4 suddenly completely freezes: black screen, no button input. It's dead. 

* The only way to get it back to life is to connect it to the charger

Couple of extra remarks:

* I removed all exercises from the menu, except "Walk" and "Bike"

* The charge 4 is in sleep mode all the time (helps with battery lifetime)
* It's pretty cold outside (5-10 degrees celsius)

* Yes, I do have more than enough battery power

This is a pretty annoying issue, as it renders the Charge 4 completely useless for most of the day, at least until you find your charger. And the exercise is completely lost.

Firmware version: 20001.100.76

Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Add. I also rebooted the device, changed the clocks (it was a tip I found somewhere), unpaired and paired it again. But all to no avail: it keeps crashing. Please do note that this bug seems to have been introduced recently: I only run into this bug since a couple of weeks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add 2: when the system is in its frozen state, I can bring to to life by connecting it to the charger for just a second. Then it’s back online and displayed a battery percentage of 60%. So clearly something causes the Charge 4 (ironic name :)) to end up in a non recoverable state. If someone has any thoughts, let me know

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone? Today I had another battery not charging message, no subsequent freeze luckily, but again because of that message half of my exercise data was gone. The battery is not charging message ONLY occurs during exercise. 

Where is the official Fitbit support? Clearly this is a bug that needs to be addressed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem, but it’s not related to any exercise tracking, just goes to black and only recovers when I attach to charger. 😩 I’m interested that you haven’t had a reply. Have you tried a direct chat with Fitbit? I’ve found them helpful in the past. 

Best Answer
0 Votes