Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS Tracking distance way off - Charge 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When hiking using my Charge 3 + Fitbit app using the GPS on my phone, the distance it records it way off. The trail map is accurate, but the distance is very high. A trail very well known as 5 kms recorded as 15.72 kms on my Fitbit app. Another trail that is around 5-6 kms tracked as 14.52 kms. Why is this and how can I fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @VJanssen.

Thank you for the information provided.

Our team is aware of this issue with distance on GPS map not matching exercise summary and is working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the response. It never used to be an issue. I like the tracking so I know how far we can go with our dog on hiking routes. Between this issue cropping up, and the poor life expectancy of these trackers, dim screens, and lines showing up all across my display, this will be my last Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response, @VJanssen.

Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Once any update be available it will be communicated as soon as possible.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes