Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS and pace very inaccurate-Charge 4

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

I'm very annoyed at my new Fitbit Charge 4 as I bought it to track my pace & distance and both are very inaccurate.

• Fitbit pace: 7'13"
  • Real pace: 8'18" (yes I'm slow...)
  • Fitbit km: 15.8km
  • Real km: 14.01km

These are my GPS settings (those are the defaults settings):

• GPS Mode: Dynamic
  • GLONASS: Off
  • GPS Low Power mode: On

=> I then click on Exercise, then Run and wait until it says "Connected" before I start running.

I have also tried the following settings:

• GPS Mode: Phone
  • GLONASS: ON
  • GPS Low Power mode: off

=>   When I clicked on Exercise, then Run it says "Not Connected" and does not connect, so I         immediately reset it to the defaults...

What should I do? My Fitbit is useless like this, I bought it to precisely track my distance and pace...

Thank you for your suggestions

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @shaikh6.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Charge 4. Thank you for the information provided.

In this case, I would recommend visiting this article, open the menu "How do I get my Fitbit device to connect to GPS?" and follow the troubleshooting steps to resolve issues with GPS.

In addition, you can restart your Tracker by following these instructions.

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

I have been using my Charge 4 for over a year.  Recently I noticed there are two wildly different PACE calculations recorded on the Fitbit app.  When I look at "TODAY", my run shows up as one of the icons.  It correctly shows the distance as 3.04 miles, but the pace at 21'27".  If I tap the zone minutes at the top of that page, and tap on my run, it shows my run as 3.07 miles and pace at 13'20".  Based on the actual elapsed time, I know that the 13'20" pace is pretty accurate.  My "cardio fitness" level has been declining, and I am wondering if it is based on the inaccurate pace calculation.  At any rate there are obviously two very different tracking calculations going on.  Can I turn off the incorrect one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am just curious, the pace of 21'27" is exactly 1.61 times the pace of 13'20". This is exactly the conversion between mile to km.

21'27" per mile = 13'20" per km

Best Answer

That's interesting. But if my accurate pace is 13'20" per mile, my pace
per kilometer would be a little over 8 minutes per km.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes