Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS runs discrepancy between my phone and laptop-Charge 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have used my Charge 3 successfully to track my runs for months.  Recently, however, the GPS data (map, elevation, and pace by time and distance) from my runs is not appearing on the dashboard on my laptop.  Specifically, while my phone accurately shows my route on the map and calculates pace/mile and distance, what appears on my dashboard is totally different (i.e. a route that does not match my actual route; completely inaccurate elevation over distance).  As a result, I cannot look at of the details of my run (which is only possible on the laptop-based dashboard.  

This problem started at the beginning of November, and I have not gotten an accurate reading since.  Interestingly, when I track walks, I get better data.  Although once in a while I lose GPS, my phone and my laptop tell the same story whereas when I run, I get different readings.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @KWHa.

I'm sorry to hear that you are getting a discrepancy in the details of your runs. Thank you for the information provided and for trying to resolve the issue before contacting us.

In this case, I would recommend following the next steps:

- Log out from the Fitbit app from your cellphone and from your laptop.

- Reboot your cellphone and your laptop.

- Log back in and see if your runs information matches.

If you are still having the same problem, please set up your Charge 3 as a replacement device:

1. Tap the Today tab, and tap your profile picture.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

In addition, please make sure that you have the latest firmware version (1.88.11). To see you current version and update, please visit this article, open the menu "How do I find the version number for my Fitbit device?" and follow the instructions. 

Please let us know if you have any question.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wait. Do you mean delete my current device and re-install it?

By the way, I only have this problem when I track a run. When I track a walk, the GPS transfers to the laptop-based dashboard just fine.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response @KWHa.

It is not necessary deleting your current device but just re-install it.

Whether this doesn't help, please let me know the model and OS of your mobile device.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes