Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart Rate all over the place while driving!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just noticed while driving home from work, besides the ridiculous 500+ extra steps during a 20 minute commute home from work, that the heart rate is ALL OVER THE PLACE!  When I first looked a few minutes after leaving work, it was showing my HR in the 110-120 range!  That is absolutely ludicrous!  A few minutes later it showed a more reasonable reading in the 60's to around 70.  But then a few minutes after that it showed 110-120, and then later back to the 60's.

What is up with that??  I thought HR was read directly from the skin on my wrist?  Why would driving cause such crazy readings all over the place?

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Mine does that constantly and I’m on my second one. It’s literally now sitting in a draw until they issue a firmware update. I’ll be sitting on the couch & it will have a HR over 200bpm. All the robot moderators say is, are you wearing it correctly or it’s not a perfect HR sensor. Come on, we all have had these products before and know something is very wrong here. Patiently awaiting a fix. 

Best Answer

Mine seems to be working fine otherwise.  I looked at the HR history graph for the weekend, and it all seemed to be about where it should have been based on what I was doing, and the only times it spiked over 110-120 was while driving to work this morning, and driving home this afternoon.  Other times it's fine.

Best Answer

Any updates to this... about the pulse in the 100s when driving?

Best Answer

I am having issues with this as well.  Sitting on the couch, it will ramp up for no reason. Like a roller coaster.

More often, though, I will exercise and get my heart rate really pumping. Registering 120bpm on other devices, look down at my charge 3 and it still shows 72bpm. A minute or more later, it starts to ramp up to 110bpm as my actual heart rate is falling.

Its weird and doesn’t make any sense.  Log later will say heart rate went to 94bpm and then back down.

I have no idea if it’s recording accurate information and it’s a display issue or what.  Been very frustrating.

Best Answer

I’ve noticed while driving - the vibration of the car I guess shoots the bpm sensor upward? Guessing here but seems consistent 

Best Answer

That is def interesting insight... as I thought the stress of road construction was too much for me 😜

Your theory makes WAY more sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same problem and was like **ahem** ...am I having a heart attack in the middle of no where (was on a washboard back road high up in the mountains ) im relieved to know I'm not the only one who has this happen

Best Answer

I also have same issue .I have seen my pulse going to 135-160 occasionally while driving and also sudden fluctuations from 120 to 98 and 82 to 110 within no time.....CRAZY READINGS .....Actually I worried about the reading and was tensed .On seeing this message I realise that there is an issue with my fitbit  and not for me.

Best Answer

Same here. Happened to me the other day with my Charge 2. I've also been experiencing high heart rates when I am taking a leisurely walk, they mostly occur in the first 10 minutes of my walk. I don't feel any different, and I've been trying to catch it when my Fitbit is registering a high heart rate and taking my pulse. The two times I caught it my manual pulse was drastically different than the rate displayed on my Fitbit. Still freaks me out though!

Best Answer

Same on my charge 5. 11 zone minutes while driving 11 minutes?!?!

Best Answer

Yes. Today was on a school bus in the back through a very bumpy construction zone off and on. I was able to correlate the increase in heart rate to the times we were going over the bumpy road. It was very hard to take my pulse during the bumps, but was able to do so enough to show my pulse was closer to 80 and not the 160+ the Fitbit charge 5 showed. Based on this long bus ride and ability to watch it I am confident a bumpy road leads to false high readings. 

Best Answer