Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate and shortcuts

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I consistently get much higher heart rate numbers when using the exercise shortcut for the elliptical, than when I do the identical routine without using the shortcut. I have the same issue with stairclimber. If I select the shortcut, it shows me in Peak zone for about 10% of the workout, but if I just do stairs for 10 minutes without selecting the shortcut, it shows me in Fat burn and Cardio zones.

I was curious about my step count and calorie burn when gardening so I decided to track it using a shortcut. No gardening shortcut, so I randomly selected kickboxing. I did not exert myself but, surprise! Fitbit says I was at peak heart rate for 12 minutes. This is simply not true. If I had actually been kickboxing, it would be reasonable, but I was puttering around in the garden. I never broke a sweat. 

It seems to be recording BPM at a higher rate during shortcuts for exercises which would normally cause an accelerated heart rate. I told it I was kickboxing, so it told me I'd had an intense cardio workout. 

Does it apply a different heart rate algorithm for each exercise shortcut? If so why? Shouldn't it be simply registering the actual heart rate?  

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Babygiraffe, I hope you are doin' great! Smiley Happy The algorithm that the Charge 2 uses is the same if you are using an exercise shortcut than if you are just using the Fitbit to track your exercises. So in other words, it should give you the same results. So let me suggest you something, try to restart your Charge 2 and then do the same activities,  using just the Charge 2 and then using the exercise shortcut. And share your results. 😉 

Catch ya' later! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s been nearly 3years, but did you resolve your Fitbit charge 2 increased heart rate issue with exercise shortcuts?  I’m dying to know 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I don’t bother using that feature anymore. Maybe they’ve fixed it.
Best Answer
0 Votes