Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate isn't being recorded with GPS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 does not log heart rate when I GPS track exercise during the session. If I manually log the same run after the event, then Fitbit shows the heart rate against this exercise but I lose the GPS tracking. Why is this?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
57 REPLIES 57

Welcome to the Community @j00s.

It's weird to hear that your tracker isn't registering your heart rate when you use the GPS connected feature. Have you checked if your phone is a compatible mobile device? If you haven't, I recommend checking this in the help article: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?.

Also, can you please provide me with a some screenshots by following the steps in this post?

I hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have started having this same problem when using the log exercise with GPS. On 7/28/19 the display on phone of log shows MAP : SPLITS : HEART RATE : ENERGY : IMPACT : RECENT. On 7/30/19 and 7/31/19 display logs show MAP : SPLITS : ENERGY : IMPACT : RECENT.  Heart rate logging for recording not there in the Exercise Log.  Heart Rate is tracked as usual in the other section of the APP.  I have firmware version 1.63.5

Best Answer

Yes, same recent change in screen names which excludes heart rate and same firmware version. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20190731-125037.png

HI Alejandra,

Yes my phone is definitely compatible and this is a recent change. Here is a screen shot of a recent GPS tracked run, minus heartrate and then after I'd manually entered it, without GPS, where fitbit has added my heartrate.

Let me know if you need any further screens hots. 

Thanks

James

Best Answer

Same issue here. Heart rate previously tracked during GPS exercise tracking (up to 7/26/2019). All exercise tracked from 7/27/2019 - today does not have the "time in heart rate zones" section with the bars showing minutes in peak, cardio, and fat burn.

Best Answer

Hi,

I have the same problem, I noticed it first time 7/31/2019. Last week everything was OK. 

When I go running, I track my exercise with GPS.  Exercise data is missing heart rate view and average heart rate for the training.

Heart rate is recorded properly, I can see it in the heart rate view. 

During this same week I have also automatically recorded exercises, there heart rate is logged properly.

Best Answer

Same issue here. The first time it happened a week ago. I contacted the support and was told that this is a bug that should be resolved soon. It is very annoying issue and I don’t understand how this is wasn’t fixed after one week 

Best Answer

I have the same issue, it worked fine up until last sunday.  Now I only get heart rate with auto-sensed runs, not the ones I start manually from the phone.

Best Answer

There are at least three other threads with almost EXACTLY this problem. I've counted  at least 18 users of various FitBits, not including people in this thread. Mine is an Alta HR and I have an iPhone8 all running up to date software. We have tried the various things suggested by customer support but nothing seems to have worked so far.

Best Answer

I had the same issue with two different fitbits (Charge HR and now Charge 3). If you change the settings on your phone to always allow location services and you start tracking from the Charge 3, you will be able to see all the stats including heart rate. It's a temporary work around until they fix the Fitbit app. 

Best Answer

Thank you for the workaround. But correct me if I am wrong, I won’t be able to hear voice cues then, right?

By the way, the app update came out yesterday, maybe they already solved this issue there?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have posted this in three other threads where the same issue is being discussed. We are all very frustrated with FitBit.

I got this from Customer Support this morning August 9th 2019 (Australian Eastern Standard Time):

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the response.

We'd like to apologize for the previous response. We are indeed humans here at Fitbit who are answering your email queries.

We also appreciate all the information you've provided and we do take them as feedback from a valuable customer such as yourself.

With that said, we'd like to let you know that manually logging an exercise doesn't record heart rate data.

We hope this helps and let us know if you have further concerns.

Sincerely,

Daryl D. and the Fitbit Team

So now they are saying that FitBit doesn't record HR in manual logging mode. Well we all know it used to. My FitBit is still in warranty. I will be asking for a refund. It's next to useless without that feature. It took 4 emails to Customer Support to get this information. My Blood is about to boil.

Best Answer

It seems that Fitbit support is super unprofessional. When I reached them by the chat it took me so long do describe the issue. Very sad, I loved Fitbit so much.

Also, since then, two updates of the app came out without solving this issue. Shame.

Best Answer

Well my screens hot above shows that fitbit Does log heartbeat when you manually record exercise because the second log in the pic is a Manuka log of my run that has heartbeat logged against it.

Customer services are wrong on this occasion! 

Best Answer

Well it's the 10th of August in Australia and I have now had 5 replies from Customer Support on this issue. The first three were all about reset this, are the green lights flashing, update that etc. The fourth email just bluntly said: 'we'd like to let you know that manually logging an exercise doesn't record heart rate data.'. The fifth one talks about 'eligibility for a replacement device.'  In my opinion Customer Support have no cohesive idea about this, they are just individuals ploughing through the emails trying to get to the end of their working day.  I am not convinced anyone in Customer Support is actually chasing this problem down. I have still not had an acknowledgement that there is a problem with the FitBit software somewhere.  I suspect a cultural problem in Customer Support!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same exact problem with Charge 3.  The last time it worked was 07/27/19, and every run since then (starting 07/29/19) does not have heart rate data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi JohnDubois, You have at least 60 to 70 other FitBit users with exactly the same issues that occurred we believe on 29th of July so your date fits if you didn't use the manual tracking on the 28th. It affects other trackers as well. Mine is an Alta HR. It showed up on FitBit app 3.1 3.2 3.3 and 3.3.1. If you have time email Customer Support or contact them by their Chat line and ask for help. It will probably be a frustrating experience but the more people who make the issue know to them then the more seriously they will take it. You may like to look at https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Alta-HR/Avg-bpm-and-HR-zones-not-showing-up-in-Exercise/m-p/3677218#...

where there is about five pages of comments.

Best Answer
0 Votes

iOS app updated came out a few hours ago. Anybody checked if the issue was resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, looks like many of us are having the same problem with display of GPS and HR together.

Anyway, I got the following answer from support:

Thanks for getting back to us. 
We appreciate your effort in providing more details about the issue. In line with this, please be advised that our higher support team is aware of this issue and we’re currently working to resolve it. We hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Best Answer