Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate monitor on Charge 3 stopped working after update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I applied the recent update and the heart rate monitor stopped working, is there any fix for this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

Welcome on board @bakerbaker19, it's nice to see you around the forums! I'd recommend restarting your Charge 3 by following these steps. Then, please test your tracker to see if it's still showing inaccurate readings.

Our heart-rate tracking technology, known as PurePulse, is specially designed to give you a more complete picture of your health and fitness. As with all heart-rate tracking technology, whether a chest strap or a wrist-based sensor, accuracy is affected by personal physiology, location of wear, and type of movement. 

For tips on wrist placement and how to wear your Fitbit device for best heart-rate tracking results, please see our help article: What impacts the accuracy of my heart-rate readings?

You can also try moving your device to your other wrist.

Heart rate tracking may not work with certain accessory bands, especially if they’re loose fitting. For best results, we recommend wearing a Fitbit-branded classic or sport band during exercise. For more information, see: What should I know about my heart rate data?

Hope this helps, I'll be around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same issue, and have already tried all the above steps, but they are not working. The tracker does not show a heart rate reading at all. All other functions appear to work, apart from the sleep registration where the app says it cannot give a reading. Please provide a solution.

Best Answer

Solved it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Out of curiosity how did you solve the issue? Seeing the same behaviour with my own device. No heartrate since update this morning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I end up removing the charge 3 and setting it up again

Best Answer
0 Votes

After having tried to reset it multiple times with no result, I finally found out that the update had apparently shut off the 'on' heart rate setting on my device. After having reset it to 'on', the heart rate monitoring came on again. You need to do this in 'Settings' on your device.

Hope this works for you too.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Looks like different issue for me. After multiple resets and reconnects
still no joy. No tracking appears to be occurring but sync etc does. So no
heart rate, steps, elevation.

Oh well. Thanks for the suggestions
Best Answer

Welcome on board @KvdL! I'm glad to hear you solved this problem by making sure the heart rate setting was On. Thanks for sharing the outcome! 

Hello my friend @bakerbaker19, thanks for stopping by and for letting us know the steps that fixed the issue with the heart rate not showing up on your Charge 3. I'm glad to hear you're back on track! 

Welcome to the Community Forums @CabbageSG! Thanks for following the tips and recommendations provided here.

If your Charge 3 is still not tracking your heart rate, steps, and floors, from the clock face, swipe to Settings and tap Reboot Device

Give this a go and let me know if the issue persists. I'll be around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with my Charge 3. Thank you all for all the suggestions. Will try the various fixes and hope to solve the heart rate monitor issue.

P/s: I must say that from all the fitbits that i have owned to date, this charge 3 is a real pain. Am very disappointed with its constant software issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I keep having various problems, the latest is the heart rate stopped working 😣. Easy fix, just remove your fitbit then reconnect it. I used my iPhone and removed the device using the fitbit app then reconnected and it is working fine. I had to do the same thing a couple of weeks ago when the thing would not connect to my blue tooth on  my phone. definitely have a problem with either the phone or the fitbit, but not ready to get new ones, my fit bit charge 3 is only a year old, but don't want to live without it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have had the same issue with the heart rate monitor and sleep tracking. I’ve tried all the above problem fixes and none have worked, including the reboot and disconnecting, restarting and reconnecting my device and they’ve not work. The green light on the bottom of the device is also not coming on at all if this means anything? this is my second charge 3 after my first ones screen went streaky for no reason. Is there Anything you could recommend??

Best Answer

Did you try going to settings and turning on the heart rate? That worked for me and the green light came back. Finally I got rid of my charge 3  It was always freezing and required a constant reset. Now I use a versa 2. Darn happy with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah, I have still no joy. Cheers for the tip though!
Best Answer

Same Issue. Did a hard reset, soft reset. Taken out the app. Put it back in all of the above mentioned. Turned the hear rate monitor off then on. Still not working ever since the update. Thanks Fitbit Yes, it is on a Charge 3

Best Answer

I have the same issue just posted below. Did you ever get it fixed. If so let me know. Thanks Bud!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. Restarted from the watch, restarted while connected to the computer, removed it via the app and then re-paired, turned hr tracking off and on in watch settings. The sensor on the bottom won't come on since the update. I've only had my Charge 3 since May.

Best Answer

Me too. No heart rate.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue for over a month now.  I've tried every fix offered in the forums and there is just no more activity from the LED

Please Fitbit, fix this issue

Best Answer
0 Votes