Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate not accurate!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge2 heart rate is 67 during  hard exercise and i can feel my heart beating fast?! 

Realy i have concerns about charge2 heart rate and how app calculates burned calories? 

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32
My early experience was the same

It does appently take time sometimes

More complicated in my case because I have a heart rate pacemaker , it took
a while to accept that my resting rate is about 44

It also is not very sensitive to the different sleep rates, or I just have
poor sleep!
I have also to wear it on my right wrist

Give it a few days
Regards

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes , Unfortunately the watch is more a gadget than a reliable bpm counter.
Sometimes it's about correct , sometimes not and sometimes the tracker
simpl loses track...

Garanti
sans virus. www.avast.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fit bit trackers suck. Don’t waste your money. Heart rate is inaccurate and useless, when it actually tries to show a reading, and skews every other reading. Constantly zeros out and reads 179 bpm when I’m in bed watching tv. Showed 2000 steps one day and then showed 120 active minutes. WTF! Not to mention the inaccurate sleep readings. And try getting someone that speaks English and doesn’t yell at you when calling “customer support”. What a piece of junk. Tossing this in the trash. 

Best Answer

The whole Fitbit is almost  all fake news like Cnn . I have a Charge 2 and very inaccurate heart rates when exercising . I have tried loose to tight and different positions . I can go up stairs and get no flights but when I am plowing snow in my truck and steering with my left hand and bouncing from the bumps it shows high heart rates that aren't happening and it thinks I am walking and getting lots of steps and had as many as 100 flights of stairs going up and down hills when plowing and even if you do get some real readings once in a while the graphs for your heart rate do not have enough lines to see where your heart rate is and the graph lines are always in different place . Why can't they make good graphs with enough lines in the grids and have it be consistent every day and not just 1 at the top , 1 at the bottom and 1 in the middle and you have to guess . I am 65 and had an ablation for afib and it has been cured and have been working on building my heart back  up . I did 1000 toe touches this morning in 21min 40sec. My real heart rate when checking my pulse for 1 minute was 138 , the fitbit was 78 . I can't get accurate heart rates even with a fast walk . Junk ! 

Best Answer

Had all those problems
Fitbit not as accurate as chest band type
Cannot cope with very active people sensibly
But
Try the Fitbit on the others wrist, your veins are different in each arm
Solved some problems but not flights of stairs
REM sleep not captured
And odd interpretations of what sort of excercises I was doing

Hi
Had all those problems
Fitbit not as accurate as chest band type
Cannot cope with very active people sensibly
But
Try the Fitbit on the others wrist, your veins are different in each arm
Solved some problems but not flights of stairs
REM sleep not captured
And odd interpretations of what sort of excercises I was doing
Regards
MS

Regards

Moderator edit: merged reply
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve just about given up on Fitbit! I’m in my 3rd one! Original Charge crapped out after a year. Bought the Charge 3 SE less than a year ago and the screen gave out within 6-7 months! I didn’t feel like haggling with customer service so I just bought a new Charge 4. What a mistake! 
The HR is all over the place! Ironically, mine is far too high when doing light work. For giggles, I decided to lay in bed and just pump my arm 250 times. Well, it had my HR at 170! I’m 52 and trust me, I’d know it if my HR was 170! I put in a pulse oxygen meter and low and behold, my pulse was 95! Big difference from 170. Worse, Fitbit had it remaining in the 140 range for a solid 2 minutes. Finger monitor had it back to 72 inside of a minute.

These are only a few of my issues/problems with Fitbit. Sorry but I think it’s time for me to invest in an Apple Watch (between my 3 purchases + bands, I could have bought one already).
Three strikes and Fitbit is OUT! 

Best Answer

Yeah. Agreed.I definitely won't spend more than a couple of euros or dollar in those watches.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My bike has a heart rate monitor and when I had a Fitbit versa they were always in sync. This charge 2 is always off or just doesn’t register a 150bpm avg heart rate for 40 of a 50min workout. It’s clean and fits perfectly on my wrist. It’s just not accurate. 

Best Answer

Finally someone noticed that Fitbits can not tell accurate heart rate in exercise mode! 🤬 once I exit exercise mode, then, and only THEN does it tell my accurate heart rate. Sucks!

Best Answer

I can literally feel my heart rate different from the fitbit's reading. I clean the thing every day. dont give me this crap

Best Answer

Same with my sense

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is totally fine ..clean, making contact. It also stopped giving my detailed sleep results. The thing never moves and it used to work fine

Best Answer
0 Votes

In fact I moved on the a cheaper brand . For less than 20 $ I found a simple but effective way to monitor my heart rate by adding the thoracic belt.

This is the best way to get proper measurement 

Best Answer
0 Votes