Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate not displaying on Charge 4 or Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I received my C4 today to replace my C3 - charged it, installed it, and it automatically performed a firmware upgrade.

All seems to work, except  the heart-rate is no displaying; greyed out and display '--'. in the app (iphone), I have heart-rate data up to the switch from C3 to C4. I did a reboot of the C4 and iphone etc ... no avail.

I assume the C4 has a broken heart-rate sensor ? Can some-one confirm this ?

Chris

Belgium

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
90 REPLIES 90

The current heart rate is not shown also on Android device (Samsung Galaxy Note10+). When I open the weekly statistic for heart rate I see all values.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is their a heart rate displayed on your watch? 

Is the heart turned on? 

Best Answer

<meta charset="UTF-8" />

Yes, heart rate is displayed on charge 4.

Yes of course, heart rate is turned on.

Best Answer

I've seen many reports of heart getting mysteriously turned off, that is why I asked. 

OK your app will tell you when the last time the tracker has synced. 

Best Answer
There is no heart-rate displayed on the screen, it’s greyed out ! I am not aware of any option to switch it on or off?

Chris van Aalst

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad
Best Answer

Have you tried rebooting both your Fitbit and your Phone and last resort deleting and setting up as new again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Rebooted both, but did not delete & reinstall ..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
Best Answer

Today (Sunday 19/04 - European time)  I received a new firmware update for the Charge 4 (48.200018  2.46), so I hoped this would solve the issue ... unfortunately it did not.

I have completely reinstalled, rebooted everything: iPhone and charge4 ; same problem; no heartbeat or steps displayed/recorded on the charge4 - the menu's and time ... all works - I assume it's the sensor-subsystem which is not working.

I removed it from my app and re-added the charge 4, which works great ! I am long time user of fitbit since the first days (the usb-stick design) ... and this is the first time I have a problem.

I will have to return it 

CORRECTION:

I removed it from my app and re-added the charge 3, which works great ! I am long time user of fitbit since the first days (the usb-stick design) ... and this is the first time I have a problem.

Chris

Belgium

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

You can still tap on the greyed-out heart-rate and will see the heart-rate statistics.

But you are right, the live-heart rate in the dashboard does not work.

Seems to be a problem of the App or the Charge4 or a combination of it.

When I use another tracker (e.g. Inspire HR) the dashboard shows the live-heart-rate again.

Going back to the Charge4 it's gone.

For me it's sufficient that I can access the heart-rate statistics, as I can see the live-heart-rate on the Charge4.

But let's hope fitbit solves this soon.

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem. I can see the HR on the C4 but in the app it is grayed out. No statistics when I click on it as well, only says "no measurements". 

Waiting for the new firmware update and if it does not help Im going to have to return it tomorrow.. 

Best Answer
Hi, but I cannot see heartrate on both C4 and App
Chris

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the heart-rate is also not showing on the C4, have you switched heart-measurement off?

If you swipe to the left, you can change this in the settings.

Best Answer

Chris I returned my C4 Friday and got a new C4 yesterday. Same issue 😞

Hope a software update will solve this problem.

Best Answer
That’s annoying! So you did not have any heart rate info on the first C4, you returned it, received a new one and you had the same issue ?!
Do you have an iPhone or an Android phone ?
Are you based in Europe or US ?

Best Answer
Hey Chris,

I have a Samsung S9 and I am based in Amsterdam.
I have not received the firmware update yet, still waiting for it.

Marcel
Best Answer
0 Votes
Try to remove and add the Charge4, at that moment it popped up - but maybe android version not yet available

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's always great to see you in the forums.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, as well for the steps tried prior posting. This should not be happening and to work on this together I'd recommend to try to the following steps:

1. On your Charge 4, open the Settings app > Heart Rate and turn the setting Off.
  2. Restart your Fitbit as described here.
  3. Verify if you don't have any pending update. Please note that the firmware will update in the background, so you'll need to have your Fitbit and phone nearby and the Bluetooth enable.
  4. Turn back On the heart rate and wear it snug on your wrist. For instructions, check this link.

If the heart rate or any other stat, such as your steps are still not displayed on your tracker or the Fitbit app, let me know so I can further investigate on my end.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer

No result here 😞

Still no heartrate on the phone app (greyed-out)

Best Answer

I am thinking of returning this C4 and go for an other brand.

How can a company release a product without testing it propperly?

Look at all these issues here 😮

Best Answer