Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate not showing. Only two dashes instead of it

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there

the heart rate just shows as a dash. It was fine beginning of last week. How do I get it to show again? 

Many thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your response @mizzymason! To restart your Charge 2, please follow these instructions: 

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You'll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker's display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hey @mizzymason, welcome aboard! First of all, I'd like you to take a look at the wearing tips on this post, just to make sure that you are using it correctly and it can read your BPM. If so, but the issue persists, try the following: 

1. Switch HR setting to off and sync.

2. Switch HR setting to Auto and sync.
3. Wait at least 60 seconds before checking heart rate again

4. Restart your Charge 2 

Let me know if that works! Smiley Happy 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I’ve done the first 2 but How do I restart?

Emma
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response @mizzymason! To restart your Charge 2, please follow these instructions: 

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You'll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker's display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much, it’s working now
Cheers 🙂

Moderator edit: personal info deleted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update my friend, @mizzymason! If you have further questions or comments, let me know!

Have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

My heartrate monitor stopped tracking suddenly on Tuesday. I tried the solution and it did not resolve the issue. Is there anything else I can try?  

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Msanabelle, let me give you a warm welcome to the Forums! Robot Happy If you are getting this "--" instead of your beats per minute, let me explain to you that occasionally the tracker can have difficulty finding a signal, typically due to the tracker's fit. For example, wearing your band tightly may constrict blood flow in your wrist and affect the signal. We also recommend experimenting with how high you place the tracker on your wrist. When you're not exercising, wearing the tracker just above the wrist bone--as you would a watch--typically works fine. However, moving the tracker up a couple inches can be helpful during high-intensity exercises or exercises that cause you to bend your wrist frequently. If you haven't already done so, please review our recommendations for wear and other tips at this post.

If you're wearing the tracker correctly, you already tried to restart it and the heart rate setting isn't turned off, try changing the setting (either Auto to On or On to Auto) and then syncing your tracker. The change won't take affect until you sync. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I have tried all suggestions in this post and still can't get heart rate is there anything else I might try. Hasn't worked in nearly 2 weeks. I even tried changing arms and straps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Lundun, welcome aboard! Thanks for trying the tips posted along this thread to try to fix this not tracking heart rate issue on your Charge 2. Since the issue persists, I have escalated your case to our Support team for them to further assist you. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the above and called fitbit support. Mikes still doesn’t work. Now what?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @MrsZ. Thanks for taking the time to try the troubleshooting that I previously posted and for get in touch with our Support team. If you sent them an e-mail, it is a matter of time for them to contact you back. They normally take around 48 hours to reach you. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I can add that my Charge 2 HR started doing the same just 27 days past the warranty expiry. I did all the restart and pause etc tricks but it definitely never came back on. Everything else worked fine but heartrate had stopped working. There is no hard reset either on this model. I saw lots of other people also reporting this issue on other external forums along with the info that we can forget any repairs (well certainly outside the USA).

I was then seriously contemplating the Garmin VivoSmart but decided to go with a Fitbit Charge 4. Seriously though if this one also packs up just after the warranty I am going to buy the Garmin next time around (regardless that all my friends have Fitbits).

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5, Fitbit Aria 2 WiFi scale | Manjaro KDE Linux | Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Best Answer
0 Votes