Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate not working?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I just got my Fitbit 2 on Christmas eve.

2 things:

My heart rate history is stopping for the last 3 days around noon time? After that is not recording, however I got a pulse on the fitbit 2.

Second thing and more important is that my fitbit 2 is not giving me the correct data when I am working out. It is only going to 100/110 beats per minute, whilst my real heartbeat at that times is between 140 and 170??

Any solutions on both questions, before I am throwing it to the wall....

Best Answer
0 Votes
30 REPLIES 30

So a few months ago I checked the forums for hints at improving the tracking of my heart rate on the Charge 2, which tracked pulse only intermittently. Followed all of the suggestions -- put the Fitbit higher up above my wrist, wore it tighter, used a lens cloth to clean the sensor. If anything it's only gotten worse.  When I hit the treadmill to do my miles in the afternoon it records pulse for about five minutes, then I get an hours worth of virtual flatline. Tracking HR during vigorous exercise was one of the primary reasons I bought the thing -- after 60 minutes at at 6 mph, I get a phony average HR of 65 -- about half of what it should be. Anyone else with this issue? Anyone resolve it? Ugh.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FloridaSkies, among all of the suggestions you have followed, have you contacted Fitbit Support so that they can check your tracker to determine if it is the problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Honestly don't remember if the earlier advice I received was the result of
a Fitbit support contact, but I think it was....

--
Paul Garfinkel

Please use this email address (paulgarf53@gmail.com) for all email contact
with me
as I am phasing out my Comcast addresses. Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I don't know why my "new" thread was moved to this "solved" thread when the issues are entirely different. This thread is about a problem with the iOS app. mine is with the tracker. When I look at my tracker during an intense workout it is NOT tracking BPM. My problem has absolutely nothing to do with the app, which is working just fine, and the issue is most definitely NOT solved!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased the Fitbit to monitor and track my heart rate during intense weight training. So far, two sessions, it’s worthless. Like yours my charge 2 stops monitoring or returns rediculously low readings during my workouts ( e.g. reading 110 BPM when the clock tells me I’m at 140 to 160BPM). At all other times it seems to work fine. Like you, the problem is with the device, not the app. I like the app. I’ve not yet contact customer support. Thought I’d try the forums first. Oh well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all the other fixes to get my heart rate working again with no luck.  Your fix worked great!  I was getting bummed that I was going to have to get a new watch. Thanks!

Nevermind it stopped working after about a half hour.  It's going in the garbage!

Best Answer

My Fitbit is in garbage. LOL....it's horrible product....I had two and both are terrible....

Best Answer

I have the same issue - once I start working out, my fitbit Charge doesn't register my HR accurately. Occasionally, it will start reading it but I don't know what finally triggers it to read it. I've given up on it and gone back to using my Ironman watch with a heart rate strap. What a royal waste of money!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
yep.  I broke down and bought the Polar HR10. I don't have an Apple or Polar watch, so I have to use my phone. I thought it would be a hassle, but I also bought some wireless earbuds, so I needed the phone anyway..  I installed FITIV Pulse app. It works pretty good.  It even share some data with the FitBit app. It's not perfect, but much better than Polar's apps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a polar HR 7 chest strap and can finally accurately track my heart rate during exercise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This unfortunately did not work for me. I have also tried to restart the fitbit several times. Turned off Bluetooth on my phone and back on again. Cycled through Sync AllDay and not. Turned Heart Rate feature through the App Off/On/Auto. Restarted my phone, uninstalled and re-installed the App and still nothing. 😞 Any other ideas out there?

Best Answer
0 Votes