Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate screen takes ages to load and then doesn't show all the data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone,

When I enter the Heart Rate screen in my Fitbit app, it takes ages to load. The app title bar is being displayed and the little spinner shows in the center of the screen but nothing else. It takes several minutes(and I don't mean like 2 minutes, I mean like 10+) to show anything at all.

It has been behaving this way for a while now and today I noticed something else: when it finally did show my data, it wasn't showing the past week. Then I went back to the previous screen and entered the heart rate screen again. This time, after waiting several minutes again, it showed last week's data but each individual day in the list for that week did not have the little chart preview. I tried exiting the screen and entering again to see if this time it will show everything. I'm still waiting.

Does anyone else have a similar problem? Any suggestions about what I can do?

Anticipating the usual answers that I get from support, yes, I already restarted my phone, restarted my tracker, reconnected my tracker to my phone, I open the Fitbit app pretty much every day (nice way to artificially inflate app open rates, Fitbit 🙄), etc.

And by the way, I have a similar issue with the sleep screen. Every time I open it, it never shows the latest data. I have to go back to the main screen and back to the sleep screen a few times until it finally shows the latest data. I spoke with support about this one in the past and they told me to try the aforementioned "solutions" but even with those seemingly completely unrelated actions, nothing helped. And now I have another one.

I'm not sure what's going on but this is not what I paid for.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @borfast 

I understand you tried several troubleshooting steps to address your “extremely sluggish” Fitbit App while trying to view sleep details as well as your heart rates details. It definitely sounds like a frustrating process to go through. I’d try uninstalling the Fitbit app, turn your phone off for 1-2 mins, turn your phone back on and reinstall the Fitbit App. Once it’s reinstalled just log in like you normally would. If this fails to fix the problem look here to make sure your using a compatibility mobile device: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/compatible-devices. If your mobile device isn’t compatibility it of course won’t function as it should. 
I’m hopeful that a reinstall of the Fitbit app helps. Let me know how it goes

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply, MegaBite.

As a software engineer who has even worked on some Android apps, this really gives me an itch.

The functionality we're talking about here has nothing to do with device capabilities, it's all about the software getting the data and displaying it. Even a 10 year old phone should be able to do that. Any specific hardware capabilities are absolutely not necessary for this.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app (why wait 1-2 minutes in between, by the way? the phone is off, it makes no difference, right?) should also make no difference since the only difference it should make would pertain to the app's cache or data. I can also simply clear the application's cache and data myself - which I did. In fact, I tried it twice some time ago, both simply clearing the cache and data, and reinstalling. No joy either way.

And even if it had worked, would this mean I'd have to frequently uninstall and reinstall the app just so I could have access to my data? I'm afraid that's unacceptable. I've been building software for over 20 years, I know very well that it is impossible to create 100% defect-free software, but this is ridiculous.

Best Answer

Hello again @borfast 

I’m sorry my suggestions didn’t work. With that said I’m certainly not a programmer but just a consumer of the Fitbit Tracker like yourself. You seem very versed on the way software works in deeper ways than I am so I’m sure you’ll figure it out. I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening 😉

Best Answer