Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate when not wearing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 2 actually shows heart rate when I’m not even wearing it.  

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @SueMomma622, it is great to see new members around! Robot Happy I'd like you to confirm with me if you have not been wearing your tracker for at least a minute before checking your heart rate. 

In the meantime, please try the following: 

1. Switch HR setting to off and sync.
    2. Switch HR setting to Auto and sync.
    3. Wait at least 60 seconds before checking heart rate again
    4. Restart your Charge 2

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
56 REPLIES 56

Hey @SueMomma622, it is great to see new members around! Robot Happy I'd like you to confirm with me if you have not been wearing your tracker for at least a minute before checking your heart rate. 

In the meantime, please try the following: 

1. Switch HR setting to off and sync.
    2. Switch HR setting to Auto and sync.
    3. Wait at least 60 seconds before checking heart rate again
    4. Restart your Charge 2

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello. I tried what you recommended and took my charge 2 off and it had my heart rate over 100 without even wearing it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response! And for taking the time to try what I suggested to fix this issue @SueMomma622. Since your Charge 2 still tracking your heart rate while you are not wearing it, I urge you to take a look at your inbox so you can get further assistance. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

Hello.  I had tried this and it did not work.    You have sent me a replacement and it is working perfectly.    My old Charge 2, after more than 24 hours of not wearing, is still showing a heart rate.    Thank you for caring as you do.    Your customer service is above any I have ever had to deal with.  Thank you again.

Best Answer

Mine records high calories burnt when not wearing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SueMomma622, thanks for the update! Sounds pretty awesome that our Support team has helped you out with this and have sent you a replacement to get you back on track. 

@Fee-Fee, I hope you are doin' great! How high is the amount of calories that your Charge 2 seems to be tracking? 'Cause let me explain to you that your Fitbit uses your personal data like your height, weight and gender to give you an estimated of calories burned, because even if you are not working out , remember that your bod still burning calories to meet all of it's functions, so even when you are sleeping, your body needs to burn calories, so that is w as soon as you wake up you'll see them on your Charge 2. However if the amount seems to be be too high, review you demographics, maybe you need to adjust that data to get more accurate results. So please let me know! 

Have a nice day, guys! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
As high as 100 calories but only on certain days. Most of the time, my tracker does not record any calories when I am not wearing it.

[image1.png]

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to me @Fee-Fee! As I mentioned, your Charge 2 should be tracking calories burned even if you are not wearing it. Of course that it'll be just an estimated specially if you are not working out. However, if it is not recording them at all, then I suggest you to try to restart it by following the instructions in this post. 

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Wink 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not to hijack the thread, but I'm also having the same issue. My charge 2 shows a heart rate even after I take it off and I haven't been wearing it for several minutes. What do I do about this? Is it just defective?

Best Answer

Good morning. I contacted Fitbit and they are very good at customer service. They found mine defective by what I told them and they sent me a refurbished one. So far so good tho sometimes it shows a rate higher than my actual rate. Good luck 🍀

Sue
Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Hey @ShannonRawr, it is nice to see new faces around! Let's go ahead and confirm what is going on with your Charge 2, so please try the following: 

a. Switch HR setting to off and sync.
    b. Switch HR setting to Auto and sync.
    c. Wait at least 60 seconds before checking heart rate again

d.Restart the Charge 2

@SueMomma622, thanks for the update! Sounds awesome that our Support team has sent you a Charge 2 as a replacement. They are simply the best! 😉 

Keep me posted guys! 

Best Answer

Hiya,

I tried these steps, I also reset the app, i installed all updates and it still shows a heart rate when i'm not wearing it.  I now have to just turn the HR off when i'm not wearing it because it seems to just guess a heart rate. 

It really makes me question the accuracy of the reading - it seems to be based on how fast it's moving (going up if I've got it in my backpack while walking around) and slowing down when it's just left still.   Can you please advise?  Is this a problem with my device or a problem with all Charge 2 devices?

Thanks,
Grace

Best Answer

Hey @Greddy, welcome aboard! I appreciate you have taken the time to try to fix this. Since your Charge 2 still tracking heart rate while you are not wearing it, I have escalated your case with our Support team so they can further assist you. So please keep an eye on your inbox. 😉 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem and have tried following the steps here with no luck. My Charge 2 consistently thinks I've worked out at peak effort when Im not wearing it (showering or swimming). What are my options here?

Best Answer

Hey @Shiggs11, it is great to see new faces around! I appreciate the time that you have taken to try to fix this issue. Since it persists, I have escalated your case to our Support team for further assistance, so please keep an eye on your inbox. 😉 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

Same for me on charge 2. 140 HR still reading after 10-15 minutes not wearing...

Best Answer

Hi @avrilathens, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! If your Charge 2 is tracking heart rate while you aren't wearing it, I suggest you to try the following: 

a. Switch HR setting to off and sync.
    b. Switch HR setting to Auto and sync.
    c. Wait at least 60 seconds before checking heart rate again

d.Restart the Charge 2

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, this “fix” hasn’t worked for me. I’ve tried several times. Can you let me know what I do next?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! I tried these recommendations a few times and they didn't solve the problem. The customer service team has sent me a replacement. 

Thank you, 

Steph 

Best Answer