Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I sync "weights" activity to Strava?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't seem to find how to sync my gym weights session activity thats recorded to go from from my Fitbit Charge 2 to Strava...any help is appreciated, thanks in advance 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for stopping by @shaz_bSmiley Very Happy Have you double checked that your Strava account is already linked to Fitbit? If not yet, to link your accounts follow these steps:

1. Visit http://strava.fitbit.com/ and click Connect.
  2. You'll be prompted to log into your Strava account.
  3. When prompted, authorize Strava to connect to your Fitbit account and follow the onscreen instructions.

Your Fitbit activities will now appear on Strava, and your runs and rides tracked by Strava will contribute to your Fitbit all-day stats.

Keep in mind that the following types of activities won't sync to Strava:

• Non-GPS activities 
  • Previously completed activities
  • Duplicate activities—that is, if you already recorded an activity with Strava, a Fitbit activity that occurs at the same time won't sync.

Enjoy it my friend! Woman Wink

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Thanks for stopping by @shaz_bSmiley Very Happy Have you double checked that your Strava account is already linked to Fitbit? If not yet, to link your accounts follow these steps:

1. Visit http://strava.fitbit.com/ and click Connect.
  2. You'll be prompted to log into your Strava account.
  3. When prompted, authorize Strava to connect to your Fitbit account and follow the onscreen instructions.

Your Fitbit activities will now appear on Strava, and your runs and rides tracked by Strava will contribute to your Fitbit all-day stats.

Keep in mind that the following types of activities won't sync to Strava:

• Non-GPS activities 
  • Previously completed activities
  • Duplicate activities—that is, if you already recorded an activity with Strava, a Fitbit activity that occurs at the same time won't sync.

Enjoy it my friend! Woman Wink

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Weights activities are non-GPS, so that’s the issue here. Weight training and other activity types are available in Strava and it’s be great if they could be synced in the future.

Best Answer

Hi! I was wondering if any changes had been implemented regarding non GPS activities like weights. Whenever I record something like that on fitbit, it still doesn't transfer to strava. All other GPS activities work fine. I feel like you just gave a general reply to OP but didn't address the issue of non GPS. 

Best Answer

This is not "solved". weights are not GPS activities hence, as stated in the "solution", they will not be synced.

Any chance in addressing this issue for real instead of providing an invalid answer?

Best Answer

Anything done with syncing non gps activities yet??

Best Answer

As other posters have mentioned, the issue in question has clearly not been addressed, answered or solved in anyway. Does Fitbit have any plans to introduce the ability to add the non-gps activities to Strava?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is still not resolved. Admin could you please let us know if there will be updates that would enable non-GPS activities to sync?

Best Answer

As I understand, it has to be done by Strava, not Fitbit. Fitbit just allows to get the exercises through its API. From my experiences with Endomondo, weights exercises we transferred there (although with "Other" as type).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bringing attention to this again, as it’s 2022 and non-GPS activities still don’t show up on Strava. 

Best Answer

a simple standalone site called FitToStrava.com, where the sole purpose is grabbing your non-GPS Fitbit activities and posting them to Strava.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try this site FitToStrava.com, it syncs non-GPS Fitbit activities and transfers them to strava 

Best Answer

This is legit. I just used it to upload my weight training session. What're you doing with the data?

Best Answer
0 Votes