Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I Change Clock Faces on Charge 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just read through the entire Charge 3 Manual and there is no section in there on clock faces. Does the charge 3 have more than just one clock face? If it has different faces, does anyone know what they are? I was surprised there was not section in the manual on changing clock faces. Thanks

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
86 REPLIES 86

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your reply and for sharing all of those details regarding this situation. Thanks for trying the steps and doing everything in order for this to work.

Now, it is possible that you may have a pending update on your tracker. This could be the reason why the clock face is not updating even after syncing. Please check if you have any updates available and if you do, download the latest version. Once done, try changing the clock face again. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Any chance y’all can consider a face with numbers, date & bpm. That seems to be missing from the selection at present. Love this new charge!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Angetastic Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for your interest in new clock faces for Charge 3.

This is something that is being taken into consideration by Fitbit, please check this Feature Suggestion:

The idea is marked as "Under Consideration", so please stay tuned to that request for updates and cast a vote for the idea. Leave a comment too with the specification for the cock face you would like to have.

Best Answer

I kept trying to change the clock face from my Mac. Found out I had to do it from my phone app, not the Mac.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing your input on this thread regarding how to change clock faces on Charge 3.

Yes, that is correct. You will need to do this from the Fitbit app:

• To see your options, open the Fitbit app and tap or click the Account icon > Your device image > Clock Face (Clock Display on Android). If you change the clock face, sync your tracker to see the change.

Hope this helps. See you around! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

My double stat clock face shows steps, time & date.  I’d rather it show heart rate instead of the date (like you’d double stat example shows). It used to show correctly.  How can I change it back?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dad Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to post the situation you are experiencing with your clock faces. 

By any chance, have you checked the clock face option you have available? Some new clock faces has been added with the new firmware update. Do you see any clock face that will show the information you are looking for?

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Each time I select any clock face a message appears informing me that 'this clock face cannot be selected for your device' or something to that effect. This happens on ALL options. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the iOS app, when I open to clock face it just shows a “working” icon

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get the exact same thing on my brand new Charge 3 - clicking on clock faces takes me to the screen where they are supposed to be, but the icon just keeps whirring round until eventually it tells me there's no internet connection.  But there is internet connection because I can browse the web on it and hitting Retry does nothing.  I've done all the usual crap they get you to do like rebooting your phone, switching off bluetooth and wifi and switching on again, updating the app and the device to the latest version etc etc.

Merry Xmas 😞

Edit: using a Google Pixel 2 and I have no other devices with bluetooth that I could try it on

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not have a smart phone so I am using an ipad mini and when I click to change clock faces it shows a blank screen with the wheel spinning for over 2 hours ???    does it have to download faces   I tried to do it on computer and it keeps telling to turn on Bluetooth  and I have a usb port Bluetooth I used for zip and it now sync my charge3 but I never see clock faces to select on ipad or app

Best Answer
0 Votes

got it working all by myself

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, there is a clock face that will show the information I want. However,
the old clock face is still showing as an option but that clock face
doesn't show on my device when I select it.

Thank you.

Virus-free.
www.avast.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for sharing the experience you are currently having with changing clock faces on Charge 3. Thanks for sharing all of those details regarding this situation.

In this case, please try logging out from the Fitbit app, rebooting your phone, and logging back in. Also, check that you have installed the latest app version.

Also, perform a restart on your Charge 3. This could help you out too.

Welcome to the Fitbit forums @Dakbowl! Perhaps you could share the workaround that helped you out with this? Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I am trying to set up my fitbit charge 3 using android app. All the clock faces on the app give the message...this clock cannot be installed on your device . Please help... and apps too

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi here is where I found click faces

Re clock faces

Trying to send photos but can’t work out. 

Oncthe first page of Fit bit App it shows 

Create Family Account 

Charge 3

Select Charge 3 

then Clockfaces and then one more step and you will several options with dates,day etc

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ShellyLiz @Jfit3 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to post the situation you are experiencing with Charge 3 and clock faces.

@Jfit3 Thank you very much for sharing where it is and how to change the clock faces. I'm sure this will be very helpful for other users too. 

@ShellyLiz Please perform a restart on your Charge 3 and try to change the clock faces again. Check my post above too.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

After experiencing the same frustrations noted in earlier posts I finally discovered that the dashboard on my computer Fitbit account login does not have the account icon and subsequent Charge 3 Clock faces screens.  These are accessible from my phone's Fitbit "app" as described in the solution.  It would be helpful if the online account had a similar account icon in the upper right hand corner to eliminate the confusion. 

Also, would like to see a new option that modifies the the "Charge 2 Retro face" to show BPM instead of steps similar to "Analog Date" except digital.

Best Answer

Agree with RMGRAY that confusion is between "Fitbit connect" on your computer & "Fitbit app" on our phone or notebook..  The Account Icon does not exist on Fitbit connect which is very confusing whenever trying to understand the information in the help tbs or reading the forums.  Not clear why this inconsistency exists but it is obvious that it creates confusion for all users.

Also, would be nice if we could get a new version of the "Charge 2 Retro" that displayed BPM instead of steps, similar to "Analog Date" except digital.

Best Answer
My preference for a clock face is time, day & date, steps and or bpm. 😊

I am enjoying wearing my Fitbit especially swimming with it every day.

Cheers
Julie

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes