Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I brighten the Charge 4 clock face?

I have a new charge 4 that replaces my old one. The clock Face ID dim and hard to see. My old one was super bright? How do I adjust this?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Another consumer with the same issue here. I’ve spent a week trying all the steps and researching possible cures for my dim screen. Restarted, changed clock face, put up the brightness setting and had my children (better eyes and more tech savvy) have a look at it for me too. Disappointed to say that nothing has helped. Not sure if it’s related but I hen searching for an update in my phone app the Fitbit logo comes up and the ‘waiting’ screen persists until I quit the app and reopen it. Does this mean it won’t update if a newer version is released? What do you suggest now?

Best Answer

Welcome to the community, @JaydeeS.

Thanks for sharing the steps that you've tried so far, you've done a great job! I'm sorry that you're having this experience and to help you out, I've requested a case for our Support team, so they can provide you with further assistance. You should receive an email from them shortly, keep an eye on your inbox and reply back to them if you have questions about your case.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up giving up and returning my charge 4. Fitbit did give me a discount on a new device and I am giving the Inspire 3 a try. From what I can tell it is similar to the older Charges.

Best Answer

Hi there, @jgc83.

I'm glad you've received assistance and thanks for giving the Inspire 3 a try. You're right as this device shares some features included in the latest Charge series. If you want to find more information, you can always check our website or the User Manual.

I hope you can keep crushing your goals! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Charge 4 has a software problem that does not allow normal brightness to be activated, which makes the tracker useless.  I have ordered (and returned) two Charge 4s from Amazon and tried every combination of brightness, sleep and do-not-disturb options, all to no avail.  I am keeping my old one, which I had to superglue back together, until I find a new tracker that works.  Very disappointed that Fitbit hasn’t solved this issue.  Just fix the brightness setting in the software!!!!!

Best Answer

Welcome to the community forums, @TMart66.

Thanks for troubleshooting your Charge 4 and trying to get in touch with Amazon. I understand how you're feeling and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Our team is always working on our products to improve the experience with them, and feedback like yours helps us to make that happen.

Because your post didn't mention, may I know if you've tried restarting your tracker and changing the clock face? If not, please give it a try and monitor its behavior afterward.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the same problem with my Charge 4. I have tried all the steps to rectify the situation with no success.  One day it worked fine, the next it went dim enough to not being able to read it.

Best Answer

Dear LizzyFitbit,

I also struggle with the same issue. The normal brightness setting now is the dim setting and dim is unreadable. The dim setting can only be seen in a pitch black room. I have tried all advice you gave. Nothing works. Please come up with a new update which will be the solution for many of us loyal Fitbit users. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Best Answer
I never see fitbit saying they will do an update. They keep saying to
Try these steps that don’t work.
Frustrating
Best Answer

Hi

I am also experiencing the same problem with my charge 4 recently. I have tried all of the troubleshooting that others on this forum have mentioned with no success. I could only tell that the factory reset worked when I could just see the smiley face if I was in a pitch dark room.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

@RBSLE Thanks for letting me know that you've tried the steps suggested in this thread. To help you out, I got in touch with our team so they can create a case on your behalf. I'd recommend keeping an open communication with them, you'll receive an email shortly with more information.

@FlyingKiwi88 and @Gjn60 Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot your Charge 4, and loyalty toward Fitbit. I'm sorry you're going through this experience. I understand your concern and went ahead to check your information with our Support team ; however, it appears that you already have a case created with them. Because our team has access to your information, my best advice is to keep an open communication with them in order to receive assistance.

@edeirdred Thanks for getting back. I understand how frustrating this has been and thanks for your efforts. I checked with our team and it seems an email was sent to you a few weeks ago with more information. Because the email didn't get to you, I've requested a new case so you can receive help. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Best Answer
0 Votes