Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my email address for my Fitbit account?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I typed in the wrong email for my Fitbit account, howdo I change it?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

@Makayla20 I typed email into the search bar and found many solved hits including this one

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Makayla20,

If you are currently logged into your Fitbit account, you can change your account's email address on Fitbit.com by:

1. Clicking the gear icon in the top-right hand corner.

2. Click settings on the pulldown.

3. Click the "personal info" tab on the left side.

4. Click the "Change Email" button under the profile section and then click the save button when you are finished.

Hope this helps!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

tried that.  My husband and I have our fitbits on the same computer but his  info is loaded on my accout and his.  How can I completely start over with one or even both, so I can get the right info to the right account and fitbit.  We have two different kinds.   HELP, (if you can)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @CSkippy, it is nice to see new members around the forums! When you are syncing and there is more than one tracker around, the information shouldn't be mixed up, 'cause each tracker is paired to its own account. So in these type of cases, I  would suggest you to put one of the trackers as far as you can (maybe in another room) while you are syncing.  And then do the same with the other one. However if you would like to start over, you can try to set it up your Fitbit as a new device, either with an iOS, an Android or a computer, however the previous data won't be deleted. However if that is what you'd like to, then I suggest you to contact Fitbit Support so they can offer you a different solution after checking your account. 

Keep me posted!

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CSkippy do you and your husband have separate email accounts registered with Fitbit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I change me email address when it was incorrectly issued when so established the account?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner Mickie you may change the email at https://www.fitbit.com/user/profile/edit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I try to change my email address and it tells me it's an invalid email address but it's not. Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mboatwr what address is it saying is invalid, the old email address that gets auto filled, or the new address? If new washy is the "." In the domain. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's the new email address.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Check what you entered. 

The only thing I can think of is that the email address is formatted wrong or Fitbit doesn't acknowledge what comes after the "dot" normally ".com". What is at the end of your email address that follows the last "dot"

Best Answer
0 Votes
@comcast.net
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit is a versa lite.  There is no gear icon in the right corner, it is in the left and when I go to personal information, there is not an option to change email.

Best Answer
0 Votes