Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my shortcuts on my Charge 4?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

Am just wondering whether you can get extra exercise categories on the Charge 4 such as the Workout or Weights option.

I had a Charge 2 and used those Exercise options regularly but the Charge 4 appears to only have Run, Walk, Swim, Cycle, Outdoor workout ... but not the ones I want. I am deeply disappointed as I thought upgrading would give me more options not less!

Am I missing something? I tried working out without an option selected and whilst I got the active minutes it didn't recognize it as a workout...most frustrating. I don't want to be tagging things as runs, or hikes when it's a Circuit, or Insanity...

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Siuna , yes, you can choose from a long list of exercise shortcuts for your Charge 4.  You will need to do this on your app and then sync your Charge 4 before it will show up on your wrist.

On your app click on your Charge 4 icon, and on the next screen go to exercise shortcuts.  You will need to “edit” the list in order to choose different activities (weights and workout is definitely among them).  You may need to delete one of the shortcuts you don’t use in order to add a new one.

Once you have added the required shortcuts be sure to sync.

I hope this makes sense.  If you need more detailed instructions please post again and let us know which OS (iOS, Android or Windows) that you use.

I hope this helps!  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hi, @Siuna , yes, you can choose from a long list of exercise shortcuts for your Charge 4.  You will need to do this on your app and then sync your Charge 4 before it will show up on your wrist.

On your app click on your Charge 4 icon, and on the next screen go to exercise shortcuts.  You will need to “edit” the list in order to choose different activities (weights and workout is definitely among them).  You may need to delete one of the shortcuts you don’t use in order to add a new one.

Once you have added the required shortcuts be sure to sync.

I hope this makes sense.  If you need more detailed instructions please post again and let us know which OS (iOS, Android or Windows) that you use.

I hope this helps!  Welcome to the forums!

Best Answer
Thanks for that.  I didn't have the edit option until I deleted the ones I use the least.  Much appreciated!
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community, @Siuna and @Julia_G, thanks for the input.

I am sorry for the delay in response and appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this shortcut issue. It's great to see here that our friend replied to this inquiry. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Keep the stepping up! 🙂

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi how do I add an exercise type that doesn’t come up in “search” on charge 4. We have a new exercise bike / indoor bike. Not a pre-selected short cut in the app

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Spinning shortcut is the recommended choice for any indoor exercise bike.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!
Best Answer

No. The Picker list cannot be customized!. CHARGE 4

Best Answer
0 Votes

It used to work that way, but I no longer see exercise shortcuts as a choice. Using iOS on an iPad which has apps updated automatically. This is what I see when I click on the Charge 4 icon.

IMG_0262.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @LenoraK , you are in the wrong place.  I think you clicked on the person photo and scrolled down from there to see the Account settings rather than the Charge 4 settings.

Select the back arrow to go back to the Account screen and click on the Charge 4 picture.  There you will find exercise shortcuts and be able to edit them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the new reply, that fixed it. But I am putting this in a separate reply because when I clicked “reply to this post “ in the notification email, my email server said it could not send.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now I figured out how to reply correctly. I5 works fine now.

Best Answer
0 Votes