Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I edit the daily step goal on Charge 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge 3.  I've looked everywhere on the app and can't find out how I can edit my daily step goal from 6000 to 7500 steps per day.  Can anyone help with this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello there @CoffeeMugs4Me, it's nice to see a new member around! To change your daily step goal, follow the steps below:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Scroll to the Goals section.
  3. Tap the goal you want to view or adjust.
  4. Tap the individual element of the goal and follow the onscreen instructions to adjust it. 

Note that you can also set and manage your goals using the fitbit.com dashboard, but the personalized guidance is only available in the Fitbit apps.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need further assistance. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hello there @CoffeeMugs4Me, it's nice to see a new member around! To change your daily step goal, follow the steps below:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Scroll to the Goals section.
  3. Tap the goal you want to view or adjust.
  4. Tap the individual element of the goal and follow the onscreen instructions to adjust it. 

Note that you can also set and manage your goals using the fitbit.com dashboard, but the personalized guidance is only available in the Fitbit apps.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need further assistance. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I finally figured it out..select where your steps show on main page and go to settings icon upper right corner...select Steps and change number..

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community Forums @Felix55

Are you getting any error when trying to update your goals? Are you using a computer of the Fitbit app? I'd appreciate if you can give me more details of what you're experience so I can help you in a better way. 

In the meantime, I'd recommend taking a look at the following help articles:

Hope this helps, I'll be around so keep me posted.

Best Answer

I was able to get it changed, I left info on this page...thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Felix55! I'm happy to hear you were able to change it. Smiley Wink

I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

I hope you have great day!

Best Answer

I was trying on my ipad and iphone and finally got it changed on my iphone on the fitbit app by selecting the circle where it shows current steps and then selected the setting icon in upper right corner and changed the number of steps..let me know if I made that confusing...lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Felix55! You made it right. Smiley Wink

Best Answer

I can't find the goals on the Windows 10 version of this application.  Is it different that what you have described in other messages in replies to editing daily step goals.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is by far the best answer.  It worked!  Thanks.

Best Answer

Awesome, glad it helped!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

4/4/2020. This does not work for me. I have firmware # 28.2001.63.5. 

By tapping my numbers for the day, I can now see that my goal is set where I want it. Must have carried over from the sync.

That brings my next question: Is there anyway to get back the 7 or 8 days of data while I was waiting for my replacement fitbit to be delivered. I wore it continuosly. In fact when I set up the new fitbit charge 3, I had around 6700 steps on it in the middle of the afternoon. but those steps, nor the ones in the preceding days to March 25, 2020 synced in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi MarreFitbit,

I have a Charge 3, and the Daily step goal is set to 6000. I want to change it, and have found the place to do it, but i doesn’t save the new number, it goes back to 6000 - what can I do?

Best regards 

Best Answer
0 Votes