Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I measure Blood pressure on Charge 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

how do I measure blood pressure on fitbit charge 2?

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your Fitbit only measures your heart beat it's unable to measure your blood pressure as are all of this type of device from any manufacturer sadly

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
20 REPLIES 20

Your Fitbit only measures your heart beat it's unable to measure your blood pressure as are all of this type of device from any manufacturer sadly

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fit bit charge 2, blood pressure monitor free app

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner fitbit does not have an app that can read blood pressure.

Best Answer

Well apparently it's possible.. if this company can do it with a sensor then surely Fitbit can...

https://youtu.be/EkhwngrrkuQ

Newer Fitness Bands with Blood Pressure Monitoring: https://amzn.to/3j00eal Small security bands on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2aMaDUk Bozlun Fitness Tracker w Blood Pressure Monitor, Heart Rate, Steps, Calories, Sleep Monitoring, and More! This excellent fitness tracker has it all - step counting ...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Most people that start or buy this device are either over weight or trying to improve their health.  A blood pressure feature is a valuable addition if it can be done as it helps not only the person but their doctor track how they are doing or if they are improving their health or not. Please add this feature!!!!!

Best Answer
Sadly the device is not fitted with the hardware to track blood pressure, therefore it is a feature that can never be assessed to the current device. Software alone won't do the job.

John

John sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

sadly, as a heart patient, this is a feature that would be very helpful, as I have to track it daily and I cannot always find a public monitor, nor carry mine with me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Omron does make a watch that reads blood pressure. It is a little bulky with an air pump that blows up the band like a standard BP cuff. 

Best Answer

Can Fitbit charge 2 able to do blood pressure

Best Answer
0 Votes

No.  Read the other posts in this thread for elaboration.

Best Answer

Is there a way to store manually entered blood pressure on the android app for fitbit charge 2?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No @Otispug Fitbit does not have any way to record blood pressure with the Charge 2

Best Answer

Would be nice if the app at least had a way to manually record in preparation for future!

Best Answer

@PeterEd it's worth adding your vote to this suggestion over on the feature suggestions board. 

Tony | UK

Ionic, Versa 2, Charge 3 SE, Aria 2, Flyer, Note 9, Android 8.1, Windows 10

Best Answer

My last Fitbit measured blood pressure accurately. It was a basic model Fitbit Charge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have a cheaper band called the Hero Band which does blood pressure.  I am sure the Samsung guys are way smarter.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jcbjet at best you had a Charge HR that measured the heart rate. 

Yes @ObiGunz there are a few watches that claim to read blood pressure. Have they been certified by the FTC ore FDA. Most simply look at the heart rate, then uses the bodies weight age etc and says this is what your blood pressure should be. 

For a true BP reading a BP cuff is needed. There is a company that makes one for the AW. The band has an air pump and connects to the watch through BT the band is just under $200. 

Best Answer
Thanks for your response.

My work once brought in a medical team to do medical screening. This was back in 2015. At the end of the tests, about 15 managers were all supposed to be dead or at high risk because of very high blood pressure. I was advised to be careful about my activity. I was very active at the time, like walk 5km three times in a week, about an hour of squash three times a week, and half an hour of gardening five days a week. The warning didn’t deter me because I felt fine enough to continue with all my activity. I thought that the readings were not right.

With our CEO’s request, the team came back and did BP test two times more with the same results. So we asked insisted they bring in the old fashioned non-electronic mercury level testers on the fourth test. They found one and after testing with that, all except 2 were manageable area. I mean from crazy readings like 160/125 down to 120-140/70-80. Some were high but were given tips on how to manage it. Only two were in the danger region and have passed away since.

Well I guess what I am saying is that I don’t trust those electronic BP testing machines. It just does not relate to my health status. By that I mean the way that I feel. What the cheap Chinese health band tells me is very indicative of my status. Like if I hadn’t taken enough water or the food was too salty, it reads bad. The day after eating good and lots of exercise, it reads excellent. Plenty exercise with greasy food reads not too good. It does not know what I ate but what it tells me can be explained and I can pinpoint my pitfalls. All it knows is the times when my heart rate changes and it could tell me that. Very impressive.

While on the other hand, the BP machine reads bad continuously regardless of my status. And now, Samsung health thinks it can measure my stress level which I think is more difficult then attempting the BP. I mean, blood pressure is a physical state but stress is a mental state. The bands only have physical sensors.

Thanks

Tale
Best Answer
0 Votes

It won’t alert you but you can always keep an eye on your heart rate. If elevated and your not working out pretty good indicator. I have blood pressure issues and I do this and get my cuff when my Fitbit shows it’s high.

Best Answer
0 Votes