Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I restart my Charge 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I can't restart my Charge 3 with none of your methods on the page. How can I do it? I need yo update it.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @Pawiesm, it's great to see you here.

If you want to restart your tracker, please make sure you are doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker:
    • Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Hope to hear from you soon. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69

Hey @Pawiesm, it's great to see you here.

If you want to restart your tracker, please make sure you are doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker:
    • Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Hope to hear from you soon. Man Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

hi I also have a brand new Fitbit charge three that will not show my text messages but it will show other notifications so I wanted to restart my Fitbit as well. I also cannot get it to recognize that I am holding the invisible button down. The reboot button isn’t working either.  Nothing is working for me to be able to reboot or restart my Fitbit help .... 

Best Answer

There's another option to restart - right from your tracker. From the home screen swipe 3 times to the left till you get to Settings option. Tap on it and scroll down till you get to About - tap again and scroll down to "Reboot Device". Tap it - device should get rebooted (it actually turns off and then back on... you won't see any smiley faces when using this option - the screen will black out briefly)

Best Answer

This is not very helpful - what button - a diagramwould be helpful.

Best Answer

There's no physical button - when on the clock face of your Charge 3, swipe 3 times to the left - you should be able to see Weather app and Setting. Tap on Settings and swipe up to get to About... then as explained above. Merry Christmas!

Best Answer

Hey guys, hope you are doing fine.

Regarding your inquiry about the Charge 3 button, I am attaching a picture where you will be able to see what you need to press:

Charge 3 button.PNG

See you around. Robot Happy

Best Answer

Thanks Alejandria, I was able to restart my Charger 3 fitbit!  Appreciate it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great to see new faces @jerokemboi, welcome!

It's great to know that you were able to restart your tracker. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Happy stepping! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My FITBIT 3 does not have "reboot option" under Settings- About. I haven't been able to update my fitbit and it doesn't sync with my phone. I am so frustrated from day 1 when I got it. Not a happy customer at all.

Best Answer

I prepurchased my fitbit through Macy's. I"ve been having problems since day 1. It doesn't seem to sync w my phone at all times. I don't get notifications now, at all. And when I used to I'd only get some notifications, not all. Frustrating. Now it wont even update or connect to my cell. Is it too late to return it now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SekaO, there're A LOT of settings related to the phone and fitbit app that can result in syncing and other issues. Since you cannot update the firmware, you cannot see restart options under "About". For a starter, here's article regarding syncing issues - please check it out. Also, when posting in a forum for a Community support, it's always very helpful to provide specific phone model you're using and detailed issue description. Fitbit Customer Support is also available to address your questions and check whether the device replacement is due because of the manufacturing defect.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your reply.

I have Motorola- MOTO Z phone.

I contacted the customer service through chat and there were not able to
resolve the issue. We've tried everything. They had me delete my app a few
times, restart the phone, the tracker - nothing worked. Now, I cannot even
connect my tracker to the phone. I am assuming this one I have is a defect.
What do I need to do to get a replacement?

Thank you,
Sanela
Best Answer

The screens gone off on my Fitbit charge 3 any ideas

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ran into similar issues with my Fitbit Charge 3. The screen was completely blank but would still vibrate. I tried resetting the Fitbit multiple times but still didn’t fix the problem. The app was showing that it was fully charged and was still actively monitoring my heart rate so I thought, why not try and change the clock face in the app and see what happens. Sure enough, changing the clock face fixed all of my problems and I can use all of the features on my Fitbit again. Most be a software issue? If anyone’s encounters similar issues, go into the app and try changing the clock face. Hope this helps!

Best Answer
Thank you, the reboot worked so far 😊

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue today and changing clock faces worked for me too. Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello

Ive just got the charge 3 and I feel that my steps are inaccurate I’ve transited from an Alta Hr and I feel they the steps are going up even if I’m not moving or even wearing the tracker😓.

I feel like I’m cheating on the steps can anyone help please or I’d go back to my Alta Hr.

Was thinking to restart the Charge 3 but don’t know where to do that plse help

thank u

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Caroleangele, welcome to the forum! Here're few options to try:

1. Restart Charge 3 using charging cable

2. Without charging cable. On the tracker, swipe 3 times to the left - you'll get to Weather & Settings icons - tap on Settings, swipe up till you get to About - swipe up again - you'll see reboot device option.

3. In some cases changing clock face (from Fitbit app) solves problems that reboot couldn't.

There're some other 'harder' reboot options as well as resetting a tracker to factory default... those could be tried if the normal 101 troubleshooting didn't work.

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank u will try and will let u know how it goes 

Best Answer
0 Votes