Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I restart my Charge 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I can't restart my Charge 3 with none of your methods on the page. How can I do it? I need yo update it.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69

This worked for me.  Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue for me, changed clock face - thanks 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this! Changing clock face worked for me as well

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me.  Thanks.  I charged my Charge 3 about a week ago, and ever since then the face has been blank.  Logging into the app and changing the face worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for adding that you need to hold the button for 8 seconds to restart the Charge 3.

I am now waiting for it to re-charge, as it went flat from being in the 001 fault mode all morning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

this was an easy way to reboot my charge 3, but it still didn't correct the issue with displaying the weight.  The right weight shows online and on my app, but not on my charge 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same issue and changing the face of the clock worked for me also! Go figure! Thanks for the suggestion.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

My tracker stopped working tonight while I was sleeping. I plugged it to the computer and hold the button for 8 secs. A white line appeared in the middle of the display but nothing else happens. Now the button is not working either.

Any thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!

The reboot with charger worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not working just vibrating not showing that it is charging either 

Best Answer

Thank you Mike. Changing the clock fixed the issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks very much!  It worked!  That was easy!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the whole plug in and push the button for 8 secs but it still won't restart. I have a notification stuck on the screen from a long time ago that won't go away. Any other ideas to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit screen went out yesterday, I went to check the time and clicked the button on the side of the watch. It vibrated still but the screen did not come on. I thought maybe it had died, although, I knew my battery was at 50%. I charged it when I got home but still nothing. I tried restarting it multiple times while on the charger and the only thing that comes on the screen is the smiley face. I take the watch off the charger and the screen is black again. I opened the app to see if maybe the watch needed to be updated and when I pull down on the page for the app to sync with my watch it's continuously looking for my watch and can't connect. SO then I open my Apple settings on my phone and the bluetooth is disconnected. Tried reconnecting multiple times and it would not work. I'm not sure why this is happening considering this watch is only 3 months old but I am very disappointed and super frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up on my Charge3. I returned it to Macy's. I purchased Versa- I like
it better, but even Versa has its own issues. I seriously don't understand
how they can make such bad quality for a smartwatch that's over $150. I am
disappointed.
Best Answer

WHERE IS THE BUTTON? FFS this is a simple question. I've spent thirty minutes looking up  instructions which all say "press the button" but they don't explain where the effing button is. Who writes these manuals?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

I’ve learnt that by changing the clock face from the app on your phone should restart your Fitbit.
Good luck

Carole
Best Answer
0 Votes
On the charge 3 it's the groove on the left side.
Hold the groove while it's on the charger and it will restart.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am so over this FitBit. I first had Charge 3- didn't work properly. Then
I purchased Versa- same problem all over again. I can't even return it now.
I am not happy at all.
Best Answer

Hi

I am also having a problem with my Charge 3 not starting.  I went through all the steps you mentioned, got the vibration and the smiley face but still a blank black screen. I have had this problem before but have always managed to get it going. Not this time!

And also, my iPhone cannot find the Charge 3 with the Bluetooth connection. I have tried deleting the App, reinstalling the app, turning Bluetooth off and then back on, but still nothing.

Help please!  It is only about 6 months old.

Best Answer