Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I track spinning on my Fitbit Charge 3?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge automatically recognizes my aerobatic kickboxing class and sessions on the elliptical, even my dog walks, I had my first ever spinning class and for some reason it didn't recognize it. I had to go into the fitbit app on phone and manually enter that I did a 45 minute spinning class at 05:15pm. It gave me my heart rate zones, but did not give me calories burned. Is there a way to fix that?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @Nano522. Welcome to our Community Forums!

Thanks for the information provided, as well for trying to log your Spinning activity. While spinning isn't part of the activities that are recognized by SmartTrack, you can add this activity to your exercises shortcuts. This way you can start and finish the activity from your device; and once you sync, you can review your exercise history in the Fitbit app. To do so, try the following steps:

For iOS mobile devices:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon > Charge 3 icon.
  2. Tap Exercise Shortcuts.
  3. You can select up to 6 activities, so remove one of them by swiping left on a shortcut.

4. To add a new exercise shortcut, tap the + icon and select Spinning.
  5. To reorder an exercise shortcut, press and hold a shortcut, then drag it up or down to change its position.
  6. Sync your device.

For Android mobile devices:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon > Charge 3 icon.
  2. Tap Exercise Shortcuts.
  3. Since you can select up to 6 activities, remove one of them by either swiping left on a shortcut or tap edit > - icon > Delete.

4. To add a new exercise shortcut, tap the "Exercise Shortcut" option and select Spinning.
  5. To reorder an exercise shortcut, tap on "Edit", hold and drag the shortcut up or down to change its position.
  6. Sync your device.

About your other inquiry, when manually logging your activity you'll have the option to the information recorded for it. If the Fitbit app shows incorrect information, you can edit your details with the steps from the help article.

Let me know how it goes. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I have added Spinning as an additional exercise.  But I can't get it to the "start" / "stop" feature.  I can only log it after the fact.  I have read the posts that say it should be able to do this, but to no avail?  Why can't Fitbit track outdoor bike, but not Spinning?  Perplexing to say the least.  I've attempted to follow all the various "fixes" but to no real avail.  Very frustrating.

Best Answer

Hi @EPMikeL. It's good to see you here and I'm sorry for the delayed response.

I'm glad that you were able to add Spinning to your Charge 3 and let me help you to get this exercise shortcut working. Since you mentioned to be unable to start or stop this activity, may I know what happens after tapping on the play button on the Spinning screen? Does your Charge 3 respond when tapping on any other exercise shortcut?

If you haven't done so, please restart your tracker to refresh its performance. Then try starting your Spinning activity one more time by doing the following:

1. On your Charge 3, swipe to the left and tap on Exercise.
  2. Swipe to the left until you're on the Spinning screen and tap on it.
  3. Tap on the play button to start recording your activity.
  4. To pause your activity, press the button once.
  5. To end your activity, press the button once again and tap on Finish. 

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer

I've followed the instructions I've seen on this page but the only options I'm seeing in the Exercise app are: Run, Bike, Weights, Treadmill, Walk, and Swim. I don't see Spinning as an option? Is there some way to get that option added to my device? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

1) Open fitbit app
2) Account / Charge 3
3) Shortcuts to exercise
4) +

Best Answer

Thank you so much!! That worked perfectly after I deleted a few shortcuts I'm not going to use. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LFfitness and @lelkes. Welcome on board. I'm sorry for the delayed response.

@lelkes, thank you so much for helping our friend @LFfitness to add Spinning to her exercises shortcuts. I'm glad that it worked and I'm sure other users will find your posts very helpful!

In case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Discussion Board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

See you around. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are all fitbits able to do this? Trying to get an idea of which one I should buy?

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by @BoonesDad.

Please note that 20+ exercises are available in the Exercise app. You can choose the option that best matches your activity (for example, if you attend a spin class, you can use Spinning). If your exercise isn’t included, choose Workout. For more information see  

Hope you find this information helpful. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes