Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn on/off “do not disrurb”

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not getting text messages on fit bit charge 2. I read where my “do not disturb” button might be on - enabled. How do I change that?

i have turned on n off the following including the phone itself, making sure that 

Blue tooth is on 

notifications is on

iphone is on

alerts are on 

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

Holding in side button a bit longer toggles "do not disturb" off and on.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!! Appreciate it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does this mean it turns the tracker off?  Just got my first tracker yesterday & I ride a Harley to work and I had walked 3000 steps and climbed 54 flights of stairs before I got to work, all while riding.  I tried taking it off and keeping it in the saddle bags and still registered high numbers.  I thought if I could turn it off when riding it would alleviate the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got my first tracker yesterday & I ride a Harley to work.  I had walked 3000 steps and climbed 54 flights of stairs before I got to work, all while riding.  I tried taking it off and keeping it in the saddle bags and still registered high numbers. Is it possible to turn the tracker off while riding?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FireAlarmDude  Nope, can't turn it off.  See this article about steps from driving, probably moreso on motorcycle, and the link in that article about deleting steps.

If it is a common occurrence, there is a third-party app DriveBit that many find useful, partly automating deleting these steps.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can you 1)turn off/on DND? I read holding side button a bit longer turns it off and on, but if that's true, 2)How do you know if it's on or off? Can somebody post pictures? Durectiins in manual are horrible. 

Best Answer

Holding in side button a few seconds, the display will say either 'Notification Off' or 'Notification On' briefly, then switch to the other and stay that way.  Whatever it stays at is what it is set to.

Or just release as soon as it says one or the other, and it stays that way.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the reply, but this does not happen on my Fitbit Charge 4.
When I long press, the DND comes up, which is greyed out with a line, and I
presume it to mean turned off. No wording...And if I long press again, it
still stays that way. It never turns "on" although I don't want it to.
The issue comes from all of a sudden I'm not receiving vibrations for my
notifications any longer and I'm trying to fix that. The button is ON in
the app for vibration on notification, whether DND is on or off, but I
still have not been getting the vibrations. So since I can't get the DND
to turn on or off, I'm worried something is wrong with my Fitbit.
Best Answer

Thank you for the reply, but this does not happen on my Fitbit Charge 4.  When I long press, the DND comes up, which is greyed out with a line, and I presume it to mean turned off.  No wording...And if I long press again, it still stays that way.  It never turns "on" although I don't want it to.  The issue comes from all of a sudden I'm not receiving vibrations for my notifications any longer and I'm trying to fix that.  The button is ON in the app for vibration on notification, whether DND is on or off, but I still have not been getting the vibrations.  So since I can't get the DND to turn on or off, I'm worried something is wrong with my Fitbit.  

Best Answer

@Tideland wrote:

Thank you for the reply, but this does not happen on my Fitbit Charge 4.  When I long press, the DND comes up, which is greyed out with a line, and I presume it to mean turned off.  No wording...And if I long press again, it still stays that way.  It never turns "on" although I don't want it to.  The issue comes from all of a sudden I'm not receiving vibrations for my notifications any longer and I'm trying to fix that.  The button is ON in the app for vibration on notification, whether DND is on or off, but I still have not been getting the vibrations.  So since I can't get the DND to turn on or off, I'm worried something is wrong with my Fitbit.  

I was answering a Charge 2 question in the Charge 2 forum.  You didn't mention that you were using the Charge 4, not the Charge 2.

Best Answer
Ah, I see. Well thank you anyway for your time.
Best Answer
0 Votes

If DND is turned off does that have the circle with the line through it showing on DND or the other option of the angled line? I am not sure which is on and which is off. 

Best Answer

@Vallerian  Set an alarm to go off in a few minutes.  If the alarm goes off, you are not in DND; vice versa.  Check both ways to be sure.

Best Answer

Oh dear. I have never set an alarm. What I am actually trying to do is see why I am not getting hourly step notifications. I used to but when daylight savings changed my times and I changed them back the hourly notifications stopped. Even though they are still show as on non my app. The chat room lady told me to make sure DND was off but as i said I am not sure now if it is one or off. When I tapped it the the bright circle with horizontal line disappeared and fainter angled line is now showing

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, I'm getting confused which is which.  Hopefully someone else will answer you.  If not, you can just try it both ways to see if either works.

I think dark with diagonal line through it means DND is off, so notifications are on.

Best Answer

I just did the alarm and I had the DND the wrong way before. It vibrated when the circle with line across it was showing. So now I'll wait and see if it reminds me to step at 10 to the hour

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the hourly vibration alert to walk my 250 steps for the first time in weeks. So I must have had DND on and not realised. So I tried it both ways today and it worked (vibrated) when the DND was dim - circle with line across it not showing. So one question is answered. Now I just have to try and solve why I have only had 2 sleep scores in about 10 days. I have done nothing different but I almost always got a sleep score since buying the Charge 4 in December last year. It is jus the last 10 days I have had this issue almost every day, But twice I did get one so I don't think I have anything turned off this time. More like a poor skin contact. But why. Wish me luck tonight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

"The issue comes from all of a sudden I'm not receiving vibrations for my
notifications any longer and I'm trying to fix that. The button is ON in
the app for vibration on notification, whether DND is on or off, but I
still have not been getting the vibrations. So since I can't get the DND
to turn on or off, I'm worried something is wrong with my Fitbit."

nothing is wrong with it (i don't think) but i've had a charge 4 for about 9 months (this one is a replacement for the one that broke a month ago and it does the same thing) and the DND gets turned on or off somehow and i can never remember what else has to be off (or on lol) in order to turn it off and get my notifications.  i think i'm going to have to write it down because i figure it out, and then about a month later it happens again.  my brightness level also gets set on "dim" sometimes without me doing anything, but it's easy to just turn it back to normal.  if i write down what i do, i'll post it.  there's another function that has to be turned on or off with DND because it won't stay off if it isn't.  it just keeps going back to the DND screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes